Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish mine would bite me while they are small !!!

My baby childrens snapped at my face once. I was showing my mate and I was all quiet and then when I spoke my voice was a bit croakey and I think the vibration from my voice scared her. She just launched at my face....

Lucky she missed

I was bitten once at first during feeding. I knew it was an accident. I was wary for a few days, but so was the snake.
I decided just to brave it (with a hook! lol) and now, some months later, i pick her hide box up, she is in a ball and i scoop her out. She stays in the ball. She is a cutiepie.
Now I have a small Biting machine. about 9 inches long. Steve said don't put it down if it bites.!!!!! So I dont. But it leaves virtually no mark and hurts less than a mossie bite.

It's the shock factor more than the ouch factor. lol

Nicole? I would stop reading Melissas Fact Sheets. I will happily explain in PM.

Never wear mesh tops. They get stuck on them.
MM
Mr. Gloves mum-in-law to be

hehehe mum-in-law to be, if you think your new snake is a bitey bugger, you should meet beka's little biting machine, the things a nut case (and of course its my job to tame it :S)

nicole - ive heard of something very similar to do with getting the snake used to your scent in which you place the snake inside a bag/pillow case and put the pillow case/bag down your shirt and walk around with it for a day, the idea being that the snake associates your smell and warmth with comfort and safety, makes some sense i think.

cheers
Steve Pom The

bondisnakes said:
I wish mine would bite me while they are small !!!

My baby childrens snapped at my face once. I was showing my mate and I was all quiet and then when I spoke my voice was a bit croakey and I think the vibration from my voice scared her. She just launched at my face....

Lucky she missed

One of my girls did this to me this afternoon...It was the first time I'd gotten her out and handled her properly (keep in mind I'd only had 1 snake before this and she was an angel and never struck) and I'm holding her watching TV and I turn my head and she launches herself at my face...Needed a nice change of underwear after that...

I haven't and that much experience with snakes and only just been tagged a few times in the past week but damn when the little guys bite, it doesnt hurt at all - but geez it itches sometimes!

Needed a nice change of underwear after that...

I haven't
Toooo much information.

ps. I tried using gloves but they keep falling off the snake.
I use a 2 iron to get out a couple of my problem snakes as I don't own a hook.Should I use a 5 iron on the shorter ones?

The breeder i got my bredli from has been breeding them snappy on purpose so they eat well, and although ive gotten my baby out of the habit, some others may not. While i was there he was bittin with 9 strikes by one hatchling, ok fine didnt hurt, but im going to be laughing my **** of at him when its an adult and still doing the same thing.

[/quote]

ps. I tried using gloves but they keep falling off the snake.
I use a 2 iron to get out a couple of my problem snakes as I don't own a hook.Should I use a 5 iron on the shorter ones?[/quote]

I would use a putter, So you can put the somewhere or if your feeding a sandwedge might go down well.
Peter

ps. A white lipped something. They are really dangerouds I heard.

Quote "http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/BHAN-54UAAP?open Fangs and poison: White-lipped snakes have small fangs and small venom glands. While they are unlikely to cause serious injury to healthy adults, some people may be sensitive to the venom and in case of a bite first aid should be applied and medical assistance sought."

So maybe he was just a wussy....but it made him sick.

I must be a wuss, when my yearling (4') coastal bit me (feeding response - she wanted food; I wanted to play) it hurt and it bled like buggery. It didn't hurt as much as the whack on the arm by the cranky 7' coastal and nor did it bleed all over farkurnell's table cloth but by gumbo; it did hurt.

I understand your wussyness Maggie old boy :)
It hurt like hell when my female Coastal tagged me too! But I was a good boy and I didn't cry :)

Its quite possible Angelrose. A lot of people are allergic to snake venom and even a mildly venemous snake could be fatal in such a case.
Though I dont think white lips are found in Sydney as a rule.

Angelrose,
I was just wondering how the breeder you got your bredli off is able to 'selectively breed' snappy animals. Don't know much about bredli's, but is snappiness not a normal characteristic with these animals? Is it possible to breed "personality' traits? :?:
Be grateful if someone could clear this one up for me.
Regards Rina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back