Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of hatchies are snappy Angel, I reckon he was taking the micky out of you if he said he breeds 'em snappy :) That Bredl will probably be a big pussycat by the time it is an adult.
I don't think it is possible to breed for personality myself.

Rina said:
Angelrose,
I was just wondering how the breeder you got your bredli off is able to 'selectively breed' snappy animals. Regards Rina

Well i dont know much about it really, but he never handled them, and fed them live.... that would make me snappy to i guess.

lol Johno,(aka sxereturn) for those who don't know lol,,, anyways I can remeber you saying on here before that you have been bitten and it hurt hmmmm??? lmao

oh okay, they were just displaying normal behaviour.
Regards Rina

Lol @ Moose, Antisunburnicus zincii? lol.
About Biting.
I bite rarely.
I tell my son it's an irrational fear. I tell him to look at the size of his small snake, then the teeth, and compare it to a mossie bite. STP has given us good tips.

Unfortunately the "irrational fear" speech doesn't work on me about cockroaches. lol
Steve has said, to NEVER put them down if they strike or musk you, and as Nicole said, "Handle them deliberately". and for my son to wear it in a bag around his neck to get a scent, I doubt he needs to run around or excercise to smell, lol.
Lol, he has been convinced even though his 1st sight of his snake was one of 3 clamped tightly to SOPs {Steve Our Pom} hand - -bleeding. lol.

I handle my snakes after showering, perfumed and I'm sure completely alien to my snake. She will come to me, she does not balk or shy away. I know she can still smell "me" - - I wonder that they may be more sensitive to taste/scent than M. Kaplan believes.
The snake in question is a darling now, and still young.

Em

lol @ Mags, you red fluffy boy, By gumbo. lol.

And Afric - - When our sweetheart Astro got her Maccy, her 1st snake, she cried once because she THOUGHT her snake was going to bite her . {I know she won't mind me telling you} lol, She called us up at 10 at night.
Of course she is a rugged but feminine snake handler now!! lol
Em
:wink:

cwarren72 said:
lol Johno,(aka sxereturn) for those who don't know lol,,, anyways I can remeber you saying on here before that you have been bitten and it hurt hmmmm??? lmao

They're talking about a yearling...the only thing that has really hurt was getting tagged by one of my big carpets, still have scars on my arm from it.

So ive heard the ideas of gloves i like that idea. But someone said they pick them up out of the cage with gloves on then take them off. Does this mean snakes only bite when being picked up? or what. and when u r trying to handle them, how do u do it. do u just hold them in ur hands for 20min, while standing perfectly still or wat? oh and also when is it that u can get to the stage of having the snake near u wthout being scared it will bite or when is the stage when u can put the snake around ur neck?

one of my friends has rbb snakes and he takes them out of the enclosure with a hook but once out he is confident they wont bite... but he feeds them live and in there enclosure, so i guess i would be snapping at the door too.....

a good one if your nervous of being bitten on the face is an ice hockey helmet :wink: haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back