Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first encounter was when I was really young and went to some wildlife park with my family, Dad was holding a boa and I went and had a feel.

Now each time I have to opportunity to hold a snake I make sure I take it :)

I've always liked snakes. Since I live out bush there are alot of snakes around, especially this one huge Carpet Python we call Bettsy. I'd never thought of owning one until I went to Alma Park Zoo and got a photo holding a Boa. It was a beautiful snake, I fell in love. I don't own a snake YET but I'm saving up for one. I can't wait :)

I felt my first snake when i was about 7-8 years old and from that moment i loved the feel of them amd tne way they moveed. it wasent intill 3 years ago that i got my first 2 snakes (coastal and a spotted python ) and now im breeding them.

i cant actually remember, i grew up on about 14 acres of land which backed onto mt crawford forest (SA) so our place was always crawling with reptiles, i remeber once when i was about 6 or so we came accross a monitor of some sort, i cant picture exactly what sort he was but im pretty sure theres a photo at mum n dads somewere still, ill have to dig it up one day and show you guys, he was a decent size, we let him go but never saw him again, i didnt even think you could get monitors around those parts, my parents have been there 25+ years and its the only one they've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back