Price of Albino Carpets / RSP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people are saying this species and that colour morph are overpriced...quite clearly they aren't, as people are still buying them - if they were overpriced, they wouldn't sell, and the price would fall.

Hooray for sane comments :lol:

A pair of hets will produce 1/4 of a clutch of albinos so its simple, they are worth 1/4 as much as a pair of albinos. It aint rocket science.

A pair of hets will produce 1/4 of a clutch of albinos so its simple, they are worth 1/4 as much as a pair of albinos. It aint rocket science.

Sorry Steve if thats true then the remaining 75% of the clutch (all possible hets) would then be worth nothing? Even normal darwins sell for around $250each.

re Price

The albinos are on the lower license cattegorys and you will always be able to sell them to anyone that holds a reptile license so they are a good investment for breeders IMO less resrictions and beautiful.The same cant be said for GTPs and rough scaled pythons,they have a restricted market and its purposely created that way by the parks and wildlife,few of those species stored up in collections :lol:

Yeh ide rather buy albinos than hets,price of albinos dont seem that bad ,its the GTP market that ime wary of, its very suspect allot codswollup and manipulation going on there ;)
i agree completely you dont see albino nt s advertised with comments like "pure australian blood lines" or "never prolapsed" thats because they dont need to. the process that most albinos came about through was breeding albinos to normals then breeding hets together keeps good genetics in the lines of albinos. not saying that i would not like some gtp s , i am just very weiry of the quality of them atm.

Everyone thats got any type of albino and breeding them wants the price to stay high and for as long as possible.. and im sure alot of the people that dont have them now want the price to come down. so if there is enough of these people that want the price to come down . everyone should just boycott them and dont buy any for 5 years . pretty sure this will crash the market is this what people want?

Sorry Steve if thats true then the remaining 75% of the clutch (all possible hets) would then be worth nothing? Even normal darwins sell for around $250each.

Yeah you can factor in a bit for the possible hets they will produce but not much. I think there will be a lot of "normal" darwins around in the future, well at least more than currently available due to the number of het x het breeders.

If you take $11k as the going price today for a pair of albinos then $3k would be around the price for a pair of hets (by my reasoning).

What are hets actually going for this year (besides the snake ranch prices) ?

Yeah you can factor in a bit for the possible hets they will produce but not much. I think there will be a lot of "normal" darwins around in the future, well at least more than currently available due to the number of het x het breeders.

If you take $11k as the going price today for a pair of albinos then $3k would be around the price for a pair of hets (by my reasoning).

What are hets actually going for this year (besides the snake ranch prices) ?

As far as I am aware albino rates are $6600ea this season.Not sure about hets this year as I am only aware of one lot being put up for sale to date.(think they were all males too).

Just because there are a lot of something on the market doesnt automatically mean prices will come down.Take blonde macs or coastal carpets as an example.Even though heaps of them do get bred each year the prices still remain static.

$2500 per pair of hets. And none left. Equal ratio males to females. Extra males came from another clutch and breeder does not want that many male hets. Male hets are useless if you own albino males.

But if you find yourself with an Albino male that is a little slow mating, you will thank the heavens that you have that spare male het laying around as back up.

albino vs rsps is a chalk and cheese comparison. Albinos have the complication of hets, possible hets, and so on which makes male and female worth different amounts. We sell albinos in families of say albino male , het male backup, albino female and a handful of possible hets thrown in. That gives the opportunity to get breeding at a reasonable price. With Carpets most breeders seem to put one male over multiple females but with RSPs it still seems to be one to one.

Thats right cheap as chips :rolleyes:

All I have heard for the last couple of years is that prices will drop rapidly as "There is going to be thousands around this season".Well two years down the track all the experts still keep saying the same thing.Funny how the thousands being bred have mysteriuosly vanished into thin air.

Of course prices will come down but it will be a gradual thing.I think some people keep trying to talk them down as they cant afford them at current prices.Funny thing is there is no shortage of people willing to pay current prices so the market is already there.

totally agree Ramsayi :D It's also funny how most of the people who 'talk down' prices don't have these animals in the first place.

not a very good pic of my 12 month old female albino
DSC00005.jpg

Exactly right Colin. They will still be a hot commodity for quite a few years still to come.

while we are on the topic of albino's, what do you guys do regarding lighting these hatchies and later on through life?or is there another thread i can find that info in

totally agree Ramsayi :D It's also funny how most of the people who 'talk down' prices don't have these animals in the first place.

Actually I would say it is the people who own them who talk them up.

$3500 drop to $600 is a crash in anyones terms.

$2500 per pair of hets. And none left. Equal ratio males to females. Extra males came from another clutch and breeder does not want that many male hets. Male hets are useless if you own albino males.

i've been quoted $2750 for a pair of het hatchies this comming season

Sounds like my $3k per het pair wasnt far off the mark

re Price

i agree completely you dont see albino nt s advertised with comments like "pure australian blood lines" or "never prolapsed" thats because they dont need to. the process that most albinos came about through was breeding albinos to normals then breeding hets together keeps good genetics in the lines of albinos. not saying that i would not like some gtp s , i am just very weiry of the quality of them atm.

Yeh the Nts do have good genetics and they are easy to maintain and breed which helps allot,i dont think there would be antthing wrong with GTP bloodlines though they have genes from all the place scrambled in most.The thing thats different with australian herpetology compared to other countrys is all the licensing systems that we have in place and they have not been designed to take into account the socio economic welfare of herpetologists,just the supposed monitoring and policing of a handful of supposedly rare or difficult to keep (in their view) reptiles.Taking this into account the albino NTs are a good investment at the current prices,GTPs will be staying on the higher class more restricted licenses for a long time,same with roughies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back