Price of Albino Carpets / RSP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you find yourself with an Albino male that is a little slow mating, you will thank the heavens that you have that spare male het laying around as back up.

Mighty good point a back up male het or back up female het will always come in handy even if you have a pair of albinos for the exact reason morelia-morphs has pointed out!For those who have not seen them"albinos" in the flesh i think they underestimate how beautiful they actually are.I personally think the price will remain much the same for many years yet and as for hybrids i really can't see the point with some as you'll still get a yellow and white snake with some variance as shown with the pure Darwins already,it's when breeding to another morph that you will see some really different albinos such as breeding to a hypo Darwin for example.There are already so many pure variants that have been bred such as striped,high yellows to more white versions as well as striped or some that look like a candy cane and others such as the paradox produced by Simon Stone and then there's the lavenders all of which can come from pure stock although i have yet to see a proper lavender version only young animals that appear to be lavenders that end up normals not to say they haven't been bred.

As for hybrids depending on the cross most outcomes will still be predominantly white and yellow animals unless you happen to have axanthics etc and the pattern variations will vary a bit but unless put across another morph of some sort i don't see the point.Whatever the case it will be interesting to see what gets produced in the years to come just from the pure strains as there are quite a few Darwin morphs around now one of which i would love to see the outcome of being albino Darwin across a ghost Darwin if they are in fact a true genetic morph?I know i repeated myself a bit there but you get that :lol:

Attachments

• P1010930 (Small).JPG
    P1010930 (Small).JPG
    43 KB · Views: 55
there may well be more albinos, RSPs and GTPs in the next few years, but wouldn't demand for these animals also increase? i'm brand new to this whole thing but supply and demand i learnt in year 8 economics (or something).

i've got no idea about breeding, but love the look of all three of those animals and would love to own them some day...i don't expect them to be anywhere near cheap though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back