Price of Albino Carpets / RSP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering some peoples opinions on how the prices of albino darwins and RSPs will hold up over the next 3-4 years.

Does it matter? If you really needed to know I could be investing in a pair and was just wondering, is that ok?

I wouldnt be so cocky mr jealous haha ;)

If anyone would actually like to contribute please do, am interested in hearing what you think. :)

hi vixen I saw the photos of you holding the albinos they are nice hay

Vixen, search my old threads.

I started a thread similar a few months back....

Will do, tried a few searches but couldnt only find things on the current prices, will look harder :)

Of course they will come down in price.
All it takes is 1 breeder to produce several clutches & play cut throat on prices and soon enough everyone else will have to follow suit. Just look at Hets this season dropping from $3000ea to $1200-$1500ea. Woma breeders were commanding $2000ea last season and this season they are down to $700-$1200ea. RSP were originally 24k a pair, the following seasons John has dropped the price dramatically. This could be to help keepers aquire them OR it could be because he is no longer the only breeder of them :p

There is alot of keepers with Albinos & RSP in their collections now, it won't be long till we have the option to buy from several sources rather than just 1 who owns the monopoly on them & can ask any price they like (not saying that was the case but its an EG) That is 1 great thing to come from the Snake Ranch & Southern X, the chance for all keepers to be able to eventually own these species, especially with the Snake Ranches awsome 20/20 deal.

albino darwins will be cheap as in a few years

Thats right cheap as chips :rolleyes:

All I have heard for the last couple of years is that prices will drop rapidly as "There is going to be thousands around this season".Well two years down the track all the experts still keep saying the same thing.Funny how the thousands being bred have mysteriuosly vanished into thin air.

Of course prices will come down but it will be a gradual thing.I think some people keep trying to talk them down as they cant afford them at current prices.Funny thing is there is no shortage of people willing to pay current prices so the market is already there.

Thats right cheap as chips :rolleyes:

All I have heard for the last couple of years is that prices will drop rapidly as "There is going to be thousands around this season".Well two years down the track all the experts still keep saying the same thing.Funny how the thousands being bred have mysteriuosly vanished into thin air.

Of course prices will come down but it will be a gradual thing.I think some people keep trying to talk them down as they cant afford them at current prices.Funny thing is there is no shortage of people willing to pay current prices so the market is already there.

I agree 100%. You hear the same thing every year.

Prices -Albinos-RSP-GTP

VixenBabe,
My opinion is that the prices will remain the same for some time - i think for many years and that people who want to own -quality pythons eg GTP-Albinos-RSP, will buy from the best breeders and only deal with people who have a good track record then part with their money. To breed pythons it does take lots of my time to care for them and money to set up and lets be honest not all keepers can breed pythons and to add some do not want to ever breed pythons but just want to own GTP-Albinos,-RSP and pay good money for them ,therefore we do not see thousands of these pythons in the market for sale or a flood of breeders of GTP-Albinos-RSP advertising them as we all know, so tell me why would prices be lowered by a breeder who has paid good money to firstly obtained these pythons then put in all the hard work to keep and breed them just to let them go for peanuts. Well just my thoughts on this ongoing matter.

Prices of Albino Carpets

Yommy
All I can say is that I have seen and heard a lot in the last 30 years both here in Brisbane and Adelaide -Well we know that Herpetology is a great hobby and subject area to be involved in and it is great to see all the changes taking place and reptiles available today.

No one said anything about them being sold for peanuts.
Of course they will still be dearer than carpets & childrens but they will come down in price as stocks are increased. They have already infact RSP from 24k a pair down to 7k a pair thats a huge decrease in just 3 years.

Albino hets went for as low as $1200 a pair from the Snake ranch.
There is some males advertised on Herptrader for $800ea atm as well as pairs for $2500. Isn't that lower than the original $3000ea price? Ramsayi out of curiosity what are you pulling for your hatchlings this season?

Last edited:
recently an associate of mine advertised a pair of young albino darwins going for 6k...is that good?

No one said anything about them being sold for peanuts.
Of course they will still be dearer than carpets & childrens but they will come down in price as stocks are increased. They have already infact RSP from 24k a pair down to 7k a pair thats a 50% decrease in just 3 years.

Albino hets went for as low as $1200 a pair from the Snake ranch.
There is some males advertised on Herptrader for $800ea atm as well as pairs for $2500. Isn't that lower than the original $3000ea price? Ramsayi out of curiosity what are you pulling for your hatchlings this season?
the initial price drop with new species/morphs ect that come on the market is always relatively large but the price will stabilize i cant see albino nt s getting as cheap as the normal form for a very long time. simple supply and demand mathematics it takes 3-5 years for a carpet to get to breeding age which is also a big factor.

I don't think animals coming down in price is a good thing it just means they will become like the next version of cats n dogs i don't think just ANY body should own reptiles because they take a lot more care and understanding + their native wildlife not a cool fad ...

Geez my mathematics is shocking. 50%? lol
Will change that to "huge" instead.

Yeah they will stabilise eventually but I reckon we will see them a bit cheaper in the coming years ahead. Not alot cheaper, but a bit. Especially the albino's, and Hets in particular seen as there are alot of keepers putting them over multiple normals.

On a side note, how do people think the albino hybrids that are bound to surface soon will effect the market? (genuine question & would appreciate it not turning ugly please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back