Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow spotted monitor
It belonged to a friend of ours who could no longer keep it, my fiance came home with it out of the blue one afternoon - I remember thinking "what the heck am I going to do with that? I don't want a pet lizard...."

Now I'm addicted!

a few water dragons i caught in the creek near my house when i was a kid. :)

By some strange coincidence my Great Uncle Henry's compost heap was in Hastings in Sussex....

My parents made out it was a special trip (when in fact they visited from London quite often). Great Uncle Henry with much aplomb dug into the the compost heap with a garden fork and I was mortified to find he had impalled a slow worm on one of the forks. Actually the slowworm was probably more mortified than me.
Well that one didn't come home and we managed to find another and it came home in a pipe tobacco tin under much security concern from my mother. Such was my introduction to the world of lizard keeping

Hahahaha... yes i was in Crawley Down, West Sussex. Lovely countryside around there and in some areas Slow worms seem quite common. Poor little impaled Slow worm :(

mine were Pygmy beardies last year...Although I got my licence 2007 so my daughter could have her blue tounge's for her 4th birthday - still have them, they are fat as and cheeky : p

Perentie :D.......Eastern Blue Tongue which i still have today called Dash (Oh yer he is a Dash once his warmed up!!)

EBD :D found him as a young adult at the school, missing half a leg and being tormented by a bunch of boys. I was the only one that had the balls to grab him. I put him in my bag and took him home... he was pretty weak from his ordeal and other than an initial squirm when I picked him up, he never faught me again. I kept him in an enclosure until he outgrew it and i let him go in my backyard, where he stayed :) Years later, he disappeared one day and never came back. On the road a few days later I found why :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back