Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was a Blotched Blue Tongue. That was when i was 10, i still have her now, 15 years later!

Slowworm (Anguis fragilis) found in my Great Uncle Henry's compost heap circa 1965

first lizards were a few WC garden skinks (when i was 4 :p )

first bought lizards were marbled geckos, then a year later a bluey :)

3 central beardeds from Premier Pythons. all colouring up now at almost 10 months old.
This is the first to change, and just keeps getting brighter.
IMG_0056.jpg

Slowworm (Anguis fragilis) found in my Great Uncle Henry's compost heap circa 1965

OMG ! That was my first lizard actually! I forgot about him...... dad is a brickie and found him under a pile of bricks in Sussex UK when i was growing up. He bought him home for me and we kept him for years until we emigrated to Australia where we took him back to the garden he came from to release him. Beautiful gold colour with brown stripes and a few blue scales on him.

OMG ! That was my first lizard actually! I forgot about him...... dad is a brickie and found him under a pile of bricks in Sussex UK when i was growing up. He bought him home for me and we kept him for years until we emigrated to Australia where we took him back to the garden he came from to release him. Beautiful gold colour with brown stripes and a few blue scales on him.

By some strange coincidence my Great Uncle Henry's compost heap was in Hastings in Sussex....

My parents made out it was a special trip (when in fact they visited from London quite often). Great Uncle Henry with much aplomb dug into the the compost heap with a garden fork and I was mortified to find he had impalled a slow worm on one of the forks. Actually the slowworm was probably more mortified than me.
Well that one didn't come home and we managed to find another and it came home in a pipe tobacco tin under much security concern from my mother. Such was my introduction to the world of lizard keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back