Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the Olives that Baden refers to...... they are 10kg each....... The whopper Baden heard me discuss is actually bigger than 14kg & is a Het Olive weighing in at just under 16kg....... the Snake Whisperer can add a photo........ cheers

amazing snakes!!! god i love the albino olives, would be my total dream snake! if any ever come up in europe i will be at the front of the que!!

Here are the Olives that Baden refers to...... they are 10kg each....... The whopper Baden heard me discuss is actually bigger than 14kg & is a Het Olive weighing in at just under 16kg....... the Snake Whisperer can add a photo........ cheers

omg they are so beautiful ! definately the best looking snakes ive seen EVER

I recently visited John Cann, who has a 16kg Carpet that is a touch over 10 feet long, and is missing probably 4" of tail. That's a very impressive snake, especially when compared to my very petite fiance!

My partners hand next to the 16kg Carpet - please note the size of the rock on her finger too!

Ah ring on finger = eventual paralysis from the waist down. :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

They look amazing.. how much are albino olives worth?

Thanks
Ben

I do not keep anything even remotely big myself but here's an old pic of my brother with his old olive.

howard-1.jpg

I remember Tim at URS had a massive olive female, from memory it was around 16ft and 30 odd kilos. I remember holding it and it was every bit as heavy as what he said, a huge animal and really placid, shame it passed away.

Those olive albinos are absolutely gorgeous, what i wouldn't do to own one of them :p lucky fella!

Ok towels.......

- Absorbent as Big water bowls & big Olives that like a splash = water everywhere.
- & Big water bowls are necessary when creating a nice humid wet season.
- More texture than paper for the snake to move on.
- You can wipe up any big turds easily as you take out the towels.
- They retain warmth in the hide more effectively.
- Easy to clean.

The hide boxes are accessed from the top & have white decorative rock adhered to them for basking & shedding.

$20 royalty paid to the jinjajoe trust fund for every towel used in an enclosure from now on....... BSB & Account number available via PM.

Last edited:
In regards to large food items for these larger snakes..must they have mammals or is it alright to feed them point of lay pullets, culled roosters or ducks with smoother shoulders like Indian Runners?

l have a very large coastal and he gets a large rat [600-700 grams] every seven days and he's still growing at a good rate..... solar 17 [Baden] ps 2.5 mtrs and approx. 10kgs

Thats a nice healthy looking Coastal Spyder,ive got a female just like that one,colour-pattern wise.Why is it you generally only get "Large" coastals and not Diamonds etc.Yes ive seen the odd Big Diamond but not as many as Coastals.Just like on this topic everybody has coastals,not 1 large Diamond...I wonder who has the heaviest carpet..

Thats a nice healthy looking Coastal Spyder,ive got a female just like that one,colour-pattern wise.Why is it you generally only get "Large" coastals and not Diamonds etc.Yes ive seen the odd Big Diamond but not as many as Coastals.Just like on this topic everybody has coastals,not 1 large Diamond...I wonder who has the heaviest carpet..

Because less people powerfeed their diamonds as it is rumoured to cause DPS

Because less people powerfeed their diamonds as it is rumoured to cause DPS

More likely cause most captive hatched diamonds don't live past 7 or 8 yrs in general and carpets survive much better in captivity. Any large diamonds that people have are bound to be wild caught ones, not necasarily by them though.

In regards to large food items for these larger snakes..must they have mammals or is it alright to feed them point of lay pullets, culled roosters or ducks with smoother shoulders like Indian Runners?

This is a 20 week old chook around the 1.8 kg mark.......

Attachments

• DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back