Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Have you been munched on by your BHPs yet meatman?? Always fun when they decide your hand/arm is dinner!"

Haven't had the pleasure of being munched on yet dave. It still amuses me at how they are at feeding.
The male freaks out at something being near while hissing & getting excited on the spot, & the female
has just started grabbing prey out of the tongs. They are just on 1yr old & always feed.

Cheers Justin

My 2 today on their daily outing. All our reptiles get at least 30 mins outside in the sun I normally try to give them more but it depends on the day.

0e6eb1dd.jpg

f16e0b5c.jpg

aa625082.jpg

grabbed a few pics tonight of my holdback from last year and also the het ax male. The het is the one in the tub....

Attachments

• IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 139
She will be Sarah, because we plan to breed her with my soon to be baby boy, albeit he is tiny :p at nearly 6ft, thanks to Paula and Ian should be here in about 2 weeks :)

raycam01, maybe just try and learn what a snake is all about before trying to be a breeder, honestly if you are lucky enough to wing it and get them to actually mate and lay , and then after incubating the eggs.....how the hell are you going to get a clutch of bhp eating with no previous experiendce with reptiles what so ever? Crawl before you walk. It makes me laugh how all you newbies just get into the hobby and after 2 weeks want to start breeding reptiles... I kept reptiles for 15 years before i decided to give it a go, as i was more than happy to learn about different species with there different habit's and care. Another thing that makes me laugh these days is the amount of people who own albino darwins and have never owned or thought about getting a normal darwin carpet.... it seems to me that people are more interested in having a albino than there actually interested in the specific specie.........quite sad how this hobby has gone down the toilet in the last 10 years

grabbed a few pics tonight of my holdback from last year and also the het ax male. The het is the one in the tub....

Hi David,
Where did you get them? I am guessing Neil & Cathy. They have bred some nice stuff & I am a proud owner of a couple of thiers.
When we get a chance we will get some pics & update.

I wish that I had more money & more room.

Cheers
Ian

Hi ian,

The holdback is one I bred last year and the het male is from Neil - i also have an ax female from neil as well to pair up with him when she is up to size.

More room and money is on everyones wish list I think!

Cheers,
dave

Yah David,
Neil has bred some pretty good stuff, not to say that others have not.
I am pretty keen to see what comes out of Den's stables this year.

It is allways great to catch up on new pics & see what is hapenning.

Cheers
Ian

& I just love the BHPs.

DSCN1030.jpg

big female, 10 years old

DSCN1029.jpg

male of 14 years, will shed soon

DSCN1051.jpg

big female once again

DSCN1052.jpg

son of the 2 above

raycam01, maybe just try and learn what a snake is all about before trying to be a breeder, honestly if you are lucky enough to wing it and get them to actually mate and lay , and then after incubating the eggs.....how the hell are you going to get a clutch of bhp eating with no previous experiendce with reptiles what so ever? Crawl before you walk. It makes me laugh how all you newbies just get into the hobby and after 2 weeks want to start breeding reptiles.......quite sad how this hobby has gone down the toilet in the last 10 years
Well well well
Andy aint we the big hero, typical reply from a know it all loser on the net, its not the hobby thats gone down the toilet its idiots like you who think you know it all,, why not ask me about my plans, my experience with other perhaps hard to bred exotics you idiot before shooting your mouth off, no typical hero, mate im in awe of how gr8 you are! do me a favour n drop off the planet sometime soon and do this hobby a favour, thankfully i am not a NEWBIE in the breeding of most things (Except reptiles) lol you make me kinda laugh feel sorry for ya in most ways, little inadequate in some departments are we sunshine, my tongue in cheek post to this thread is and was just that, new to snakes, love em, will play wiff them, and see where i end up, you mate can pull your head in drop dead for all i care, i surely will sleep easy at night, you Sir may scare the little Kids, but for me, you are the typical idiot that fails in most things in life,

have a gr8 night,

btw if u need my number please dont hesitate to ask, we can have a better chat rather than your failed attempt at a ******* competition on here!!!!

talk soon sweetlips,,,

your friend Ray

(not easily put off by idiots on the net)

thanks for making a NEWBIE feel welcome,,,, good effort

heheh

Andy i just did a quick search on your posting history and now i know why you are like you are, its such a shame, but honestly, it wasnt something your parents could do anything about, not their fault, but as long as u feel good about yourself, thats the main thing ya little trooper,

nice work, i hope for other newbies as u like to put it, you havent scared them off,

maybe we could hang out if u like sounds like u need a hug :)

talk soon your friend ray!!!!

seems like most of your posts turn to poo, this is actually to good a thread for you to pollute so if you prefer, it may be better to pm each other :)

nie nie sweety

love ya work

Last edited:
I must agree with Ray here. I too have been made to feel by this above mentioned post that because we are new to this particular forum we must obviously be new to the hobby. I myself have owned snakes for over 10 years and lizards for longer. I am finally looking at starting to breed my pythons as I am now in a position to do so. I own my own house, I have put a lot of time and money in to particular snakes with the intent to better the breed not to just make babies. I have bred English Staffs for 15 years now and know how to follow bloodlines, genetic faults etc.

I know Ray searched long and hard before he picked his BHP.

I think before you comment on what each of us wishes to do with our animals you should first find out our histories. Me and my bandwagon are now off to turn lights off on my reptiles.

Hey Buddy
i love Andy i mean wat a special little freak, i wanna wipe his chin, he is a legend, i have actually ordered him some nappies and some wipes

he is your typical fool,,,,,

the net is full of these imbeciles, but i kinda love em,

so all i can say to Andy is bring it princess, you may scare 2yr olds, but u will find im alittle diff

:)

Hmm, I thought that all that bullshit quarrel was typical for European forums but I see its everywhere the same.

its a shame John when people regardless of likes etc come onto a forum t share their love of an animal etc, to be met wiff crap like that.
Then you do a search n to see this fool does this on a regular basis is even sadder and he is allowed to continue.
I am new to snakes, but have been breeding exotic fish for the past 30 odd years, and extremely rare species, so snakes now are a new love, and research i will and absorb as much as i can off everyone, and take it all in as i do not intend being a flash in the pan!
:)
it is everywhere unfortunately and its all done in the safety of the web, thats how they roll.....

btw your snakes are amazing

pic 1 & 2 are My new ones I'm getting dropped off this week from Reedy's Reptiles, Adult proven breeder Females NT form.
pic 3 & 4 is my Male NT

Attachments

• pail NT F BHP.jpg
    pail NT F BHP.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 85
  • dark NT F BHP.jpg
    dark NT F BHP.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF6151.JPG
    DSCF6151.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
pic 1 & 2 are My new ones I'm getting dropped off this week from Reedy's Reptiles, Adult proven breeder Females NT form.
pic 3 & 4 is my Male NT

I love how the colour differs so greatly, even though they are all NT form? are they actually that strongly coloured or is it just the pic? i mean as in the whiter form to the storng yellowish hue?? great snakes

Back