Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone had a calico/het axanthic actually turn calico yet? Would love to see an axanthic turn calico (if turn is the right term) and what it would look like.

Hey David,
I havent herd of an axanthic changing/turning calico yet. It is only early days for this and as far as I know the first calico to axanthic mating was about 5 years ago and only limited numbers. This mating only produced 100% axanthic hets and these hets only breed for the first time 2 years ago to produce the first axanthics with calico blood.There has been more matings of course since then but given they take 2-5 years to change we should start to see some soon (fingers crossed)
It of course is very possible there are some around but I have not seen or herd of any.
T

my apologies to those i have offended, it has been pointed out to me by the wife that these sites are similar to facebook which i cant stand. Also a opinionated reptile prick like myself does not belong here, so im saying good bye for good...... dont bother with the good riddance comments as i will not read them, just be the better person
happy herping

my apologies to those i have offended, it has been pointed out to me by the wife that these sites are similar to facebook which i cant stand. Also a opinionated reptile prick like myself does not belong here, so im saying good bye for good...... dont bother with the good riddance comments as i will not read them, just be the better person
happy herping

awesome big fella, close the door on ya way out :) you know u will read them its why ya post them in the first place, gives a kind of a kick lol :)
this and other sites are what you make of them, and so is the hobby or any other hobby u choose, so far this site has been amazing, got my enclosure off Ingrid, lovely young lady, got my snake off Ian and Paula, awesome snake, got my rats off big baden, nice bloke, and heaps of good advice along the way, so if thats the way this site rolls, then awesome stuff, the only negative crap i have come across so far is an imbecile called andysnakes!!!!! omg thats YOU!!! so farewell, and you can only offend someone if that person actually listens or gives a crap about you or anyting you say, sadly im not one of those :) lol

now back on track,
My boy chilling
DSC_0071.jpg

and reading the classifieds for a hottty girl for him, just building her new home now!
DSC_0062.jpg

enjoy :)

expanda foam hides here i come

(looking for a nice Het BHP gal)

a few i took today, awesome snake, love it
we went for a walk, he did his business played alittle and then had a drink and is now chilling and having a snooze!!!!

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Tiger meets Black Headed Python
DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Last edited:
Eve - 4 year old female BHP

This is our new BHP - she is a real placid and easy going girl. Feeds well, handles well - all round good thing really! Take her out on the grass for a walk about four days after she eats and regular as clockwork up comes the tail and out comes the poo! Had two large adult rats this arvo, wandered around the back yard looking for more tucker and then back in her house. Had a drink, curled up in her hide and it's goodnight from Eve!

Attachments

• DSCF2680.jpg
    DSCF2680.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF2676.jpg
    DSCF2676.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
On the note of CALICOS, this pairings hatchos will be hatching in the next day or so. Male has now brightened in pink colouration but also the black speckles have darkened adding good contrast.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the hatchos as they mature........

Attachments

• bhpcalico1.jpg
    bhpcalico1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 301
  • calico mating.jpg
    calico mating.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 319
On the note of CALICOS, this pairings hatchos will be hatching in the next day or so. Male has now brightened in pink colouration but also the black speckles have darkened adding good contrast.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the hatchos as they mature........

wow

hell cool and unusual, very nice

hey quick Q
i see a few of you guy's feed your snakes outside on the grass, how do they go picking them up and gettign them back into the enclosure?? are they ok with that?i thought it would have put alittle pressure on their stomach,,, and also juss reading a heap of post regarding feeding etc, seems to be a hot point of division regardignt he feeding of chicken necks, quails, etc as opposed to rats only?
very interested to hear your feedback as checking out fat levels, and or calcium, ash protein, seems to me (New) that a varied diet on all of these would be beneficial, i understand they primarily snack on reptiles and mammals in the wild.
whats your thoughts?
thanks
Ray

my main concern feeding one outisde would be picking up a large BHP that is still in feeding mode!

=)

my main concern feeding one outisde would be picking up a large BHP that is still in feeding mode!

=)
thats wat i was thinking lol i tried to move a nice carpet once outta harms (dogs) way n it had juss eaten, n lordy it wasnt a happy little chappy, so was juss curious when i see the fotos of them munching away outside thinking hmmm lol think i might stick to the enclosure

For the most part i'm feeding my mob outside of the enclosures but the haven't had an issue with me picking them up and putting them back...tho i do make sure they aren't still looking for more food! I keep hearing stories about issue with eating substrate etc...mind you, the cant wipe off their food in the wild either!

Oh...will have to pick up my two new girls...lol

385791_10150423547232141_767712140_8374163_909691190_n.jpg374166_10150423547457141_767712140_8374165_351895045_n.jpg
We found this BHP one night spotlighting on my girlfriends property in central qld. I've never seen one with this colouring before it looked unreal. Been looking everywhere to buy one similar since with no luck. Anyway hope you enjoy the pics.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hey why is it BHP eat like that? I find it so weird that mine don't constrict. I thought they were mentally disabled or I was a bad mother or something. How do they go with live food? (not that I would ever feed them live just curious)

hmm I just noticed the one of the python constriciting...

my stimson which I raised from a baby eats like a real snake so im curious why a snake would eat weird... is it because im feeding them too small items? they are less than a year and eating adult mice.

Back