Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have one yet but if she's in the s position she is ready to strike. Maybe let her settle in for a week or so without being disturbed as she is probably frightened being in new surroundings.

My female shed a few days ago so I took a few photos this morning.

Absolute stunning pictures there Sara. Top looking animal, fast becoming my favourite species behind my woma's of course :)

@ glider girl, as you bought a older animal it'll just take time, patience and trust building, Thats why i get most of my stuff from Hatchlings. But once they settle they are an absolute pleasure, all 3 of mine are puppy dogs. I don't want to meet those teeth :)

Last edited:
Here's one from a photo shoot I did using my Canon 400D.

I love this photo.
802c5ee7.jpg

Last edited:
Had a few of the hatchies out for a photo shoot, so thought I'd share some.

Well I finally got one yesterday, and I am a little nervous of her now. She has already bitten me. In some of the photos I have noticed them in the "s" curl strike position is this something they just do when resting, mine does it and I am not sure if it's because she is thinking of striking. In another photo I saw one curled up in a ball, mine has done this as well and I figured it was because she was scared. When she bit me she was around my neck and my husband was in front of me and she was looking directly at him, I reached slowly for my coffee from the side of me and thats when she struck. Lightening quick. After that she struck at my husband and showed the threat mode mouth wide open, that was freaky to see. She is 2 years old I am hoping she will calm down, some ppl say they are docile some say missiles with teeth.
Are they like GTP you dont get them out at night when they are in hunt mode?

Glidergirl- congrats on your Roughie!
Don't give up on her yet. In my opinion you really shouldn't have had her out handling her & around your neck on the first day you brought her home (I know it's tough). It's stressful for the animals changing environments & it may have just all been to much. Let her settle in for a week- make sure she then feeds for you- then try handling again. Keep the first few handling sessions brief & she should calm down. I personally don't handle at night as you say, thats when I feed my animals & they are always on high alert after dusk. My Roughies don't get handled much & I would still say they are docile.

Good luck,
Andrew

Attachments

• RSP-2011-06 (shrunk).jpg
    RSP-2011-06 (shrunk).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 208
  • RSP-2011-05 head (shrunk).jpg
    RSP-2011-05 head (shrunk).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 203
  • RSP-2011-04 (shrunk).jpg
    RSP-2011-04 (shrunk).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 215
Yep your right I did not even think about it, I guess i was too excited, I have taken out food for her today and will see if she feeds and I was thinking the same thing keep handling to a minimum and only in short sessions so that its a positive experience for her. I did realise once she had balled up that she was scared and thats when we put her away. I am really hope she does settle and becomes as docile as what everyone says.

I'm still yet to see the open mouth threat display. Mine are often in a strike position but neither have bitten me yet. In fact, the only time either have struck was my girl once when taking a photo. Most nights she does the night time fade, my boy hasn't done it once (that I've noticed) in the short time I've had them. They are both becoming very enthusiastic feeders. Here's my girl, no pics of the fella yet.

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0382a.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

Great example of a night fader there sock puppet :) it is particulary exciting when my really dark female does it. They are one cool animal for sure......
Thanks mate, yeah I've only had mine a few weeks, they are definitely special.

7cb96030-326b-76eb.jpg

Really bad iPhone image of Flynn. Once he doesn't want to kill me anymore I'll take some proper pictures.

Erbitting the oarth.

He's gorgeous. I got my RSP from swampie too, about two weeks after you. He was a feisty little thing to begin with but is now so placid and just curious of everything around him. I absolutely love him, especially his googly blue eyes. Took a few pictures of him the other day which I posted in another thread but I'll post them here too.

7cbabb08-744d-5359.jpg

7cbabb08-7457-c540.jpg

7cbabb08-7461-9a24.jpg

7cbabb08-746b-7470.jpg

7cbabb08-7476-f9d5.jpg

7cbabb08-7486-e318.jpg

7cbabb08-7494-3691.jpg

7cbabb08-749f-465a.jpg

7cbabb08-74ab-8d21.jpg

7cbabb08-74b7-82b4.jpg

Yeah my guy bit me when I got him out of the pillow case to put him in his click clack,hence his name 'hades' hahah he is okay now,I've handled him twice no worries and he ate his first meal like a champ! Gets his 2nd feed in about 2 days!

Mine flailed around with his mouth open, biting me on one arm and then the other. Bit me about 8 times, drew blood and all. I adore him. :)

He's gorgeous. I got my RSP from swampie too, about two weeks after you. He was a feisty little thing to begin with but is now so placid and just curious of everything around him. I absolutely love him, especially his googly blue eyes. Took a few pictures of him the other day which I posted in another thread but I'll post them here too.

7cbabb08-744d-5359.jpg

7cbabb08-7457-c540.jpg

7cbabb08-7461-9a24.jpg

7cbabb08-746b-7470.jpg

7cbabb08-7476-f9d5.jpg

7cbabb08-7486-e318.jpg

7cbabb08-7494-3691.jpg

7cbabb08-749f-465a.jpg

7cbabb08-74ab-8d21.jpg

7cbabb08-74b7-82b4.jpg

Nice

Status