"BLACK PRINCESS" The Hypermelanistic Darwin Carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive only just read this thread and im super pumped ay.. how exciting.. the next few years will be awesome for the hobby.. new snake morph and the new beardy morphs that are cooking atm.. all very exciting...

Holy crud! So she's not infertile! Do you know how they did it? Just regular breeding or artificially?
Fantastic news in any case, good luck to them!

A lot of keepers have been waiting for this snake to do something... it is great news for those who are serious about carpet morphs.....
Hey Peter thats a pretty speccy critter there, M or FM?

I asked today and the dude knew nothing about it some of the keepers are just dopey as or so far up themselves, though there are some really good ones but today wasn't as good as my last visit.

I asked today and the dude knew nothing about it some of the keepers are just dopey as or so far up themselves, though there are some really good ones but today wasn't as good as my last visit.
So you asked about it at the reptile park? If so only not all the people at the reptile park are involved with snake ranch.

Yeah they said that.... Think only the more experienced would get to.

I just thought since all the snakes are kept in the same bit they might know.

Yeah they said that.... Think only the more experienced would get to.

I just thought since all the snakes are kept in the same bit they might know.

Snaje ranch is at a different location a few 100kms north. Nobody gets to go there.

I notice the Snake Ranch adds now descibe them as distributors as opposed to breeders, so their animals may now come from a variety of locations. This would enable a variety of management strategies which may account for the new found success with the "Black Princess".

Snaje ranch is at a different location a few 100kms north. Nobody gets to go there.

A good thing, as reptile thefts are a huge problem among even many trusted people, I'm glad they've distanced their breeding facility, not only for security purposes, but also a calmer environment in which to keep and breed their snakes, much better than in a noisy city. As far as security goes I myself would never tell anyone where I keep my womas which are my pride and joy, and only one person here knows where I keep them, and I would never conduct business at my home nor recommend anyone else do so if they have even the slightest doubts.

A good thing, as reptile thefts are a huge problem among even many trusted people, I'm glad they've distanced their breeding facility, not only for security purposes, but also a calmer environment in which to keep and breed their snakes, much better than in a noisy city. As far as security goes I myself would never tell anyone where I keep my womas which are my pride and joy, and only one person here knows where I keep them, and I would never conduct business at my home nor recommend anyone else do so if they have even the slightest doubts.

Kariong a noisy city?

Kariong a noisy city?

Kariong is fairly quiet, but for security purposes a more secluded location is better. I know that there have been a spate of thefts from the Reptile Park, so I think that is what prompted them to move their breeding collection to somewhere further away. I don't know specifically where their breeding collection is but I was told it's in northern NSW.

I should make it clear that my animal is not variegata but spilota spilota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back