"BLACK PRINCESS" The Hypermelanistic Darwin Carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iv emailed SR a few times regarding an update and they say nothing about her. If they cant breed her, put us out of our misery :) the wait is killing me!

Yeah this thread was done 5 months ago with the exact same outcome... snake won't breed, you can't artificially impregnate her because she can't breed. Sad cause this animal is stunning, imaging this with an albino makes me drool a river.... but oh well lol

Yeah this thread was done 5 months ago with the exact same outcome... snake won't breed, you can't artificially impregnate her because she can't breed. Sad cause this animal is stunning, imaging this with an albino makes me drool a river.... but oh well lol

You want to show us the link to that announcement from Snake ranch or John W .

You want to show us the link to that announcement from Snake ranch or John W .

I got the info from the last thread ;)

+ If she was able to breed, (or if she was still alive) we would have some news about it. Since it's been 6 years now.

Regaurdless of wether the snake is able to breed or not, I think we can all understand how much time a morelia project can take (unless it's co-dom). It's not as simple as growing everything fast and breeding it at 18months like yoiu can do easily with womas and antaresia.

If it was being used to produce snows thats two projects, get homo 'blacks' (alternativley you could just bred albino x original black but you'd want to figure out the genetics first I assume), then double het albino/black, then it's only a 1/16 for a snow. Takes lots of time. If you wanted to produce 'snows' and had that animal, you wouldn't release the 'blacks' until you had the 'snows' as it gives everyone else the tools to make them.

Regaurdless of wether the snake is able to breed or not, I think we can all understand how much time a morelia project can take (unless it's co-dom). It's not as simple as growing everything fast and breeding it at 18months like yoiu can do easily with womas and antaresia.

If it was being used to produce snows thats two projects, get homo 'blacks' (alternativley you could just bred albino x original black but you'd want to figure out the genetics first I assume), then double het albino/black, then it's only a 1/16 for a snow. Takes lots of time. If you wanted to produce 'snows' and had that animal, you wouldn't release the 'blacks' until you had the 'snows' as it gives everyone else the tools to make them.

You could be onto something there, it would explain the lack of official news. Still no gurantee's you would produce snows but it would take some time before you would know either way.

I agree , if the snake ranch are not disclosing that she has produced offspring then it would be for the purpose of breeding for the double traits combining albino and melanistic genetics etc .
There for it would not be in their interest to release any offspring untill they can offer large amount of stock to the public etc.
I wonder if they would be as expensive as the first release of Rough Scaled pythons ?

The days of big money for snakes are long gone Roger. I heard from a credible source that this girl had some issues with her clutches. Dystocia seems to be the reason for the lack of this mutation not being represented in captivity yet.

is there anyway of treating egg binding in reptiles, i have never come up against it?

donks

Anyone know where she came from? Wild caught? Bred?
If she was bred you'd think 6 years of the same parents pairing up would produce more of them, if it was genetic.. sounds like a dead end snake to me. Which is a pity as she stunning..

is there anyway of treating egg binding in reptiles, i have never come up against it?

donks
Yep sure is. Can do C section for one.

well you would think the ranch would have at least tried to go down the C section option.

does the Dystocia affect the fertility of the eggs ?

donks

The days of big money for snakes are long gone Roger. I heard from a credible source that this girl had some issues with her clutches. Dystocia seems to be the reason for the lack of this mutation not being represented in captivity yet.

So she has had clutches but had some trouble as well.
Well thats news .
Thanks
Roger

well you would think the ranch would have at least tried to go down the C section option.

does the Dystocia affect the fertility of the eggs ?

donks
Does not affect fertility and if the C section is done correctly the female can reproduce again also.

i thought taking animals from the wild was ilegal or is there a special licence that certain people can get to take from the wild like wasnt the bumble bee BHP wild caught ? how did it become on licence and able to be sold

I thought eggs removed via c-section didnt last due to the fact that when an egg is layed as it comes out it is covered in a clean fluid that causes it to harden and so eggs removed via c-section would remain like soft watery bags.

i thought taking animals from the wild was ilegal or is there a special licence that certain people can get to take from the wild like wasnt the bumble bee BHP wild caught ? how did it become on licence and able to be sold
In the NT and WA people can be issued with permitts to collect,

Both NT and WA allow wild animals to be caught and sold into the hobby by specific licenced people as part of a rescue scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back