Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stone Washed" (recessive gene)
Can u plz explain in full both of above
Ta
Pete

Ozmid his synises are bleeding :/

Polainas9 I am speechless.....

"Stone Washed" (recessive gene)
Can u plz explain in full both of above
Ta
Pete
Here's a quote of Nick Mutton:

Well, I had hoped to keep this quite for a little longer but am going to go ahead and let the secret out. I think I posted a pic of one of these guys a year or so ago but here is the whole story:

About a year ago I was contacted by a breeder named Nick Stark. I had spoken with him months earlier while I was gather photos for an article I was writing. He had since decided to go back to school and was sending away his rather large collection. Earlier in the year he had hatched a clutch of M. bredli and in that clutch were a small number of very unusual babies. The parents that produced them were ordinary looking bredli. I was very pleased, and more than a little lucky that Mr. Stark decided to give me the opportunity to work with these animals and I obtained the project from him, a group that included 2.0 visuals of the new morph as well as the parent animals that produced them. Over the 2012 season the sire of these snakes proved to be a good breeder and I was pleased to get two clutches from him, one from the female that had produced the odd neonates and a second clutch to a totally unrelated female from a different bloodline. The second clutch was primarily done as a test for determining the mode of inheritance. I late August the first clutch hatched (from the unrelated female) and produced all normal phenotype animals. By this time I was not very hopeful but about a week later the second clutch hatched and I could not believe my eyes. The clutch contained 6 of the new morph and 12 normal appearing offspring! The results of the two clutches proved the new morph is simple recessive in inheritance.

Over the last many years I have seen a few similar appearing animals, in Australia, as well as the USA and Europe. Its possible these other animals could be the same morph or something very similar, but for now these are the only ones that have now been proven genetic.

I have decided to name this morph "Stone Washed" as I think that describes them perfectly. The exhibit a slight reduction in dark pigments as well as a "stone washed" look to the neck and anterior portion of the body, with the base color fading away in these areas. I do think this morph is interesting by itself but it also hold tremendous potential when combined with the true hypo bredli and/or the recessive genetic striped M. bredli.

Interesting reading Thanks.........im wondering if something was crossed in there and bred back....:facepalm:

yeah it's a nice snake, the photos dont really do him justice and he has a great nature.
I would like to find someone that has a similar Bredli(I know they are out there) and see if we can prove it to be an inheritable trait.

There are a few of those Bredli getting around now. There was a guy in Victoria who had a pair of them not sure if he's bred them and proved them out yet, however given you can't see it in the babies until they change perhaps be has and has kept the babies back to see if any do so.

There are a few of those Bredli getting around now. There was a guy in Victoria who had a pair of them not sure if he's bred them and proved them out yet, however given you can't see it in the babies until they change perhaps be has and has kept the babies back to see if any do so.

I spoke to one breeder who has a pair, he bred them last year but no eggs , this year he was ill and missed the season. sure would like to see if they breed true.

Bredli at last shed few weeks ago.

DSCF1160.jpg

Bredli thread??

An updated pic of my male hypo 9months old just after a shed on the wanna be gtp pose =P
gu5ehety.jpg

benshelly is who i got mine off he is on here =] and a guy named ben burns located in newcastle has some realy nice hypos

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, could be because I'm half asleep, but I can't find a benshelly in a name search on here... Arg!

I'll have hypo Bresli come mid march. Due to hatch feb 21

JM1982: no sorry im in mildura, i can get them to melbourne tho.

- - - Updated - - -

JM1982: no sorry im in mildura, i can get them to melbourne tho.

Bredli

Is there any breeders in qld that have any bredli hypo's? Are the colours just as nice in a standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back