Holidays soon !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobermanmick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As its getting closer to Xmas holidays just wondering if anyone has any holidays planned ?

I am Going camping at mon -repos for a few days with the family

Then i will be going for a motorbike tour out to my uncles place at Maclagan(near Dalby)should have quite a few herps to see there .

Then on up to Gladstone and then Rockhampton then back down the coast to Bundaberg then home .
Should be a good ride and my first true tour on my bike ! :D :D

Well on the 10th of december i m flying up to townsville and then going 70km west of charters towers where my rellies own a property. there it will be non stop harcore moto, horse, mustering, branding, shooting and herping!!! then on the 10th when i m comming home (or around that time) i am picking up that BHP from the guy in townsville. then its flying back with me, only $30...bargain!!! (for the flight of the animal). its only $99 one way. so much better then catching the train.

so how about the rest of u's? what do u's have planned?

lol im going with libberated for that lol im going to sydney first week or to in for a week and 2 days to see a friend i havnt seen for a year or so when i get back a week or relaxing by the pool then off for a 6 day stay at fraiser with a mate after that im not sure i might go to bundy and stay with sum rellys for a little while

Then hopefully if things go as planned after skoolies nxt year jimmy and i will b heading up to brodie's place for a while to do a bit of exploring and herping. SHould be great.

p.s. jimmy if u were my gfriend u could come but other then that ur on ur own mate ;)

well unlike some i don't get school holidays.....but.....i get a forced 1 week vacation that dosn't come out of my 4 weeks holidays....wooooo hooooooo!
but i think i am spending christmas in nowra, new years? i have not even contemplated it yet

Yeah Nowra would be nice I havent been there for almost 20 years i bet it has changed a bit !
What exactly are you employed as Bry is it a Lab assistant ?

Ah, Nowra, I was born there, lovely place.

I am too probably going to Sydney for a week to visit some friends and family, then staying at Nowra over new years with some rellies, probably in the Jervis Bay area, hoping to do some surfing. I'll probably spend actual Christmas day in my new home in Victoria. :D

Mick how cool is that mon repos, hope you see some turtles(right time of year???) and take pics too! Either way sounds great, have fun. :D

Yeah inny We have stayed there the last 3 years I will dig out some pics and scan them of the turtles and where we camped (Didnt have a digital camera then ).Yeah i think its Nov-March if i remember correctly we had them laying in front of the sand dunes about 50 meters from our campsite

Last time we were there one of them came onto the beach to lay its eggs in the middle of the day .

Sounds awesome Mick, look forward to pics mate!~ Thats definatly something I want to see for myself eventually. :D

Yeahhhh, im going to melbourne on the 14th of jan for my brothers wedding the day after. Im staying for a week aswell so im gonna have to meet some of the melbournites and get some beer into us!!! And if you know any good herping spots we can go for a look there too!!

Nope, been on two already this year, that will do me till 2006.

instar said:
Sounds awesome Mick, look forward to pics mate!~ Thats definatly something I want to see for myself eventually. :D

Here are some of them inny Have to ask snakegirl where the rest are .

on 28th december im goin to perth for 2 weeks. Should be good snakin by the things my friends have told me. I finish school on the 20th of november and go bak at the beginning of febuary so i have a pretty big holiday.

Some of the campsite
There are 17 along the beachfront but you have to book in advance usually over 1 year but sometimes they have cancellations and scattered 3 -4 days here and there

As its getting closer to Xmas holidays just wondering if anyone has any holidays planned ?

xmas is a Pagan tradition which has been bastardised into a christian tradition, neither Paganism or xtianity are Australian so I won't be celebrating it ;)

Actually, jokes aside, I don't like xmas, it's too commercial, superficial and is very misunderstood. It's also a family thing and in my situation that doesn't make it the nicest day either, so for me, xmas is usually a day to go herping or fishing on my own :) I actually quite enjoy it because it's a day when everyone gets caught up with their own stuff and I can have a quiet and fun day with only the person I love most :lol: :D

Sduggy i only said Xmas as a time of year i suppose i could have said end of year hols instead :wink: I too belive its just a commercial scam to get us to spend more money!

OOOOhhhhh sdaji is in love :lol:

Sduggy i only said Xmas as a time of year i suppose i could have said end of year hols instead

Well, having holidays at the end of the year isn't Australian either! The calendar we use isn't Australian and the time at which the year starts and ends was chosen arbitrarily outside Australia, so don't do anything special for new year's eve!!! ;) ;) :lol: ;)

OOOOhhhhh sdaji is in love

Hey, when you're as special as I am, it's hard not to love yourself! :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back