Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alldone

Reaction score
Oh crap. After doing all this research for my son & going & "meeting" a few snakes I think that I am starting to want one.

My nine year old daughter (who is animal crazy & has been since she was tiny) is really upset that the snake will be my son's pet & not the family pet. So then my tiny brain kicks into gear & I say - well maybe I should get two snakes - one for my son & one for her & me to share.

Then I start mulling this idea over in my head at 3am & come up with a brilliant plan - I can get my son a hatchling diamond (as planned) and get the 16 month old - who I know has a great temperament & a ready to go enclosure - for my daughter & I!!! I am so excited by this ingenious plan that I contemplate waking up my sleeping husband to share my wonderful idea - then decide that perhaps the fact that he's snoring & it's after 3am will no doubt lessen my chances of implementing the plan. ;)

I'm thinking that this snakey business is going to be addictive hey? :lol:

haha that's so funny. well good luck! the addiction can only get bigger and bigger! It won't be long til you think of an evil plan to turn the study to a snake room =)

Sounds like a great idea! I would really like to get a diamond soon, 16months is a perfect age too

yes this hobby is addictive ive got 3 in the last few months, plan to try breed next season maybe and plan to get another 4 snakes at the end of the year lol

It is a bug that's for sure. My house mates have that "We will break out the burning torches and pitchforks if you get another one" look at the moment.

I'm thinking you should buy three and have one all to yourself. :lol:

:lol: - hubby would DEFINATELY kill me then! He's already said - "Let me get this straight. You've talked me into getting ONE snake and now you want TWO?" - He wanted to know if it was really for my daughter or for me.

Sounds like a great idea! I would really like to get a diamond soon, 16months is a perfect age too

Plus the poor snake needs a new home. Surely I'd be heartless just to let him go on... unloved.... unappreciated.... without a permanent home. What choice did I have - really? :lol:

Ease him into it. He'll probably become addicted to it and end up with more snakes than you or the kids. Seems to be a common theme on APS. ;)

Or if he's a bit handy in the shed, get him into building the enclosures and racks so you can have more and breed! Worked for me ;)

i think you got warned in your first thread that this would happen..lol... i went from 1 to 30+ in 12 months... good luck...

i think you got warned in your first thread that this would happen..lol... i went from 1 to 30+ in 12 months... good luck...

30+ - I'm sure that'd be grounds for divorce here! :lol: Who'd have thought that a slithery little creature could be so cute!

I think this what happens to almost everyone, you get one or get excited about getting one and you want more :) But i think that you will be able to get the 3rd haha. once your hubby sees the first and second one and sees how much they mean to the family, he will fall in love with them...thats then you ask for the 3rd haha ;)

30+ - I'm sure that'd be grounds for divorce here! :lol: Who'd have thought that a slithery little creature could be so cute!

not me at the time, but they are just NOT LIKE any other pets, i have a mate that has had dragons for 10 yrs, he got his first snake 2 months ago, he now has 3 snakes & is wanting to sell his dragons to get more snakes.. thats how 'great' they are...

most of us on here live for our reptiles.. there's no other animal that can compare...

They certainly are different to other pets & really not what I was expecting. I have to say I wasn't exactly thrilled when my son said he wanted one. Now I think I'm the one who's the most excited out of everyone - how sad is that! haha

Haha, it is truly an obsessive hobby. When I got my first my mum was the same! Not too sure about it all, but now she treats them like her beloved cats and the numbers are growing :)

not me at the time, but they are just NOT LIKE any other pets, i have a mate that has had dragons for 10 yrs, he got his first snake 2 months ago, he now has 3 snakes & is wanting to sell his dragons to get more snakes.. thats how 'great' they are...

Hey take it easy on the disparaging remarks towards Dragons. I keep both and wouldn't have it any other way. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back