Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has mentioned to me the issue of quarantining the snakes as they would be from different sources. Does anyone else see an issue with this?

Someone has mentioned to me the issue of quarantining the snakes as they would be from different sources. Does anyone else see an issue with this?

It is important. Inconvenient if you are wanting to breed, but important.
I THINK 6 months is about the minimum quarantine period to be safe, and longer is better.
You should not, in my opinion, house pythons together at all, except for short periods while mating is taking place.
During quarantine periods your new python should not even be in the the same room as your other python/s.

Michelle

haha, hearing how some of your guys have grown your collection so damn fast makes me a bit better about my 6 snakes in 6 months haha ;) oh well, next ones the olive, i think that makes up some ground haha

:lol: I like your thinking... hadn't head any new additions (not through lack of wanting) since I got my female bredli 2 years ago, so I bought a scrub... sure she more than makes up for those two years! :lol:

Yeah i am definitely looking forward to getting it, but one of the great things about hooking a parent onto herps aswell is they want animals aswell :) Thats why after i got the first and second pair of MD's, dad wanted a pair of Pinstripe stimmies (so we got them)and he also want an adult pair of hypo bredli's, so i can foresee them arriving to the collection in a next few months. So by the end of the year i can easily say the number of snakes will be up to 9, thats if something else doesnt catch one of our eyes haha ;)

Hee hee, my dining room has turned into the animal room. Completely taken over by a dog, snake and cockatiel. Thinking of selling the dining table.
Glad its not just me :)

As I've quoted to other keen first timers..........forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

this is a completly addictive hobby I started with 1 in april before the end of the year i will have 10 or 12 and 2 laceys actually good to hear that the hobby is still growing
yup it sure is an addictive hobby july 09 i had just brought my 1st snake , august 2010 i have now 18 snakes :shock:

I am finding that there are different things that I like the sound of in different species, so maybe I'm on my way to a snake addiction as well! Just what I need - another thing to burn cash :lol:

I am finding that there are different things that I like the sound of in different species, so maybe I'm on my way to a snake addiction as well! Just what I need - another thing to burn cash :lol:

you wont see it as 'burning cash' when you have an amazing animal in your care...lol.. there is NOTHING like a reptile...

you wont see it as 'burning cash' when you have an amazing animal in your care...lol.. there is NOTHING like a reptile...
You do realise you are doing NOTHING to help me stop this addictive behaviour don't you! lmao

:lol: it is rule #345 of the python keeping rulebook,

# You must not leave it more than 2 months between buying snakes, and you must continue this trend until you have a matching pair of everything, and then you must breed them so that you can have more and no additional expense.

don't say you weren't warned :p

plus, if we have no will power why should you ! !

ahah everyone else's stories sound like mine.
a year ago i had a single EWD. today i hav 2 coastals, a childrens, a bhp, 3 turtles, 2 sand monitors, 11 GTFs, 3 southern velvet geckos, 1 mertens and in 5 weeks im gettin 2 100% het albino darwins lol.
girlfriend hates me getting more but i see it as my money, and atleast im not spending it on other stuff. its going to something that i enjoy and hav grown to have a passion for.

now im getting ready to breed mice and am hoping to get a partner for both my childrens and my bhp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back