Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol!, there are three types of people in this world.
Ones that love snakes.
Ones that hate them, and lift their feet if one comes on tv.
And those who don't like them but are interested, (or should I say don't know that they love them YET!!)

Hey take it easy on the disparaging remarks towards Dragons. I keep both and wouldn't have it any other way. :):):)

i love dragons mate(dont own any) just saying even 'reptile people' find that snakes are very different to ANY pets..

I knew what ya meant. :D Dragons fill in the time between your snakes feeding and defecating and needing to be cleaned up after.

Lol!, there are three types of people in this world.
Ones that love snakes.
Ones that hate them, and lift their feet if one comes on tv.
And those who don't like them but are interested, (or should I say don't know that they love them YET!!)

i think my mates in that 3rd group he says he hates snakes and keeps asking if he can eat mine lol but lately hes been askign questions about them and stuff which seems really weird for him :S lol he came around the other night i asked him if he wanted a hold and he sat back and was like no thanks lol

I think reptiles are one of the great mysteries of mother nature, there is so much about them that is both amazing and mysterious all at the same time. Its like learning about a world you never truely understood and as you learn more about these incredible animals your instinct to want to learn more kicks in and before you know it one turns into two, two to three and so on. We all start this amazing journey for different reasons but after owning one reptile you soon realise that you want to learn more. Good luck with your discoveries and great to see you sharing it with your family and soon your friends as well the bigger our hobby grows the more awareness and knowledge we can bring to the greater community.

this is a completly addictive hobby I started with 1 in april before the end of the year i will have 10 or 12 and 2 laceys actually good to hear that the hobby is still growing

haha, hearing how some of your guys have grown your collection so damn fast makes me a bit better about my 6 snakes in 6 months haha ;) oh well, next ones the olive, i think that makes up some ground haha

I think a lot of people have a fear of the unknown and things they dont understand, once they see you're very comfortable with them, and by the sounds of it the 16mth old will make your confidence soar, they then start to ask questions, and then you can start 'working' on the 3rd for yourself, and hubby will no doubt start looking at them through different eyes, show him some pics of all the different species of python, he might find one that he likes :lol:

Psst, i have another awesome plan for you. Just make sure your son's diamond hatchie happens to be opposite sex of your 16 month old diamond... And then in a couple of years they just happen to breed... And then surely, the hatchies will be too cute to let them all go right? ;) Hahaha.

Same thing happened in our house. We got a spotted and a stimson for each kid. We kept it at that for a while, but then my son wanted to get a Bredl, too - so we bought a pair. Then I won a Darwin, had to buy a mate for her, etc. Husband doesn't mind them and appreciates the ease of caring for them. He is the one who keeps the house from being overrun. I'm still working on some womas...

Psst, i have another awesome plan for you. Just make sure your son's diamond hatchie happens to be opposite sex of your 16 month old diamond... And then in a couple of years they just happen to breed... And then surely, the hatchies will be too cute to let them all go right? ;) Hahaha.
This could actually happen - the people have no idea what sex the 16 month one is! Maybe by then hubby's head won't explode! Hahaha

But honestly - how could I say no to this little guy (or girl - whatever sex he/she may be). That little face is just SCREAMING "pleasssssse take me home". Am I wrong??? :lol:

009-1.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:
But honestly - how could I say no to this little guy (or girl - whatever sex he/she may be). That little face is just SCREAMING "pleasssssse take me home". Am I wrong??? :lol:

:lol: Thats exactly why i wound up with 5 hatchies instead of 3 ... they said exactly the same thing...

:D My son started with a Childrens python when he was 11. He is 15 next week, and has 8 now :D Plus a pair of Smooth Knob Tail geckos.

His Childrens and Jungles should hopefully have eggs in a few weeks, and his Knob Tails have already produced babies :D

Best thing I ever did was say yes to the first one :D

Enjoy!

My partner and I are putting off having children so we can get more herps lol! It's ridiculous; when I ring from work, all we do is talk about who pooed when, who's eaten what, etc. Then when we run out of herp talk, we ask how each other are going!
Congrats on your new addiction! :) Btw, imo, the trick is to get hubby to actually fall in love with snakes himself. After that, there'll NEVER be an argument about any new reps!
Cheers,
Nic

Better start thinking about how to evict hubby from shed/garrage. You will need the room for your herping activities. With the housing, incubating, and rat breeding.

Best get him started on building enclosures. Sell it to him as a great oportunity to bond with his son.

Cheers

martins mum ..... you are a champion !
I wish my mum or dad had got us kids a snake or any reptile when i was younger .....I got my first snake at age 30 and had four carpet pythons within the first 6months .. it has tought me so much respect for australian native animals and a much deeper love of all animals in general ...... You say you wish that you had not started this obsession , but you actually sound very excited an happy .. I say, GO FOR IT !

Plus the poor snake needs a new home. Surely I'd be heartless just to let him go on... unloved.... unappreciated.... without a permanent home. What choice did I have - really? :lol:

Oh, i love your way of thinking!
Make sure you get a male and a female..depending on the sex of the 16month old..get the opposite hatchy hehe. You never know, you could have baby diamonds later down the track ;) Just dont tell hubby lol

lol, this thread is awesome seeing people go from 1 to 6 example in months haha..
It took me a little awhile to con the gf into letting me get my jungle cause she nos what will happen after my first...

So keep hounding i would if they love ya you will soon get, or get him while he has had a few drinks so you can talk about the subject.

just my 2cents worth.. cheers

haha iv had the 1 snake for a year now .. in that time though i got beardies, blueys, turtles ect.. looking to get a pair of bredli and a high yellow diamond soon though :)

haha iv had the 1 snake for a year now .. in that time though i got beardies, blueys, turtles ect.. looking to get a pair of bredli and a high yellow diamond soon though :)
i have got a coastal and 2 womas in the last few months, plan to get a pair of hypo bredli end of this year as well as an albino darwin and het darwin lol and maybe a partner for my coastal too haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back