Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those where his words not mine.
Sorry but I don't think 15 year olds are relly worth paying attention to.

Those where his words not mine.
Sorry but I don't think 15 year olds are relly worth paying attention to.

Sorry but whats your point, because I can actually read an e-mail and see what it means, your getting your panties in a knot?

You need to get over yourself.

Kane

Sorry but whats your point, because I can actually read an e-mail and see what it means, your getting your panties in a knot?

You need to get over yourself.

Kane

hehehehe

I agree with you swingonthespirl....Just because someone is 15 doesn't mean they have nothing to say, this person could may have well grown up from a toddler with reptiles and probably knows more than others.
JMO

if your convinced there crosses why would you want to breed them and sell them. if you sell them cheap im sure they will sell but your making it harder to find pure snake later on.

diamond expert!

why buy snakes unless you see the pics of them?? in my opinion youve only got yourself to blame, for someone whos such a big diamond expert, you should have spotted the so called "intergrade gene" in the pics of the adults! should have put your money in the bank as a deposit towards buying a house.
cheers Matt

Mr Spike may well be one of the most mature people on here........ considering the way half the adults carry on , on here :D :D

Unless the breeder has said something that hasnt been posted here i dont think there is any reason to think they are crosses of any sort at all. Saying that it may have some intergarde gene (or whatever poorly chosen words were used) suggests to me that the snakes have a slight influence of a "port mac" carpet traits and absolutely nothing to do with cross breeding anything. All diamonds would infact have some "intergrade genes" as they are the same species.

A simple question to the breeder would be, are these pure snakes? then you will get a yes or no answer and all this pointless arguing over "intergrade genes" can stop.

If you dont trust him, ask for the breeders name that bred the parents and talk to them as they are clearly the only ones that could have been doing the cross breeding(unless it was the person who sold to the breeders breeder) and if they didnt cross breed them then you will have to track down the breeders, breeders breeder etc. until it goes back to where the snakes where collected. After doing that you would have to decide how far apart the original snakes would have to be for them not to be pure and that is hardly something that is clear cut.

i dont know anything about wild pops of diamonds, but i have seen some wild tiger snakes near where we used to keep our horses, there was a lot of variation between individuals with some having almost no bands at all! but they were still TIGER snakes.
i would assume the same applies to diamonds. having said that, there does seem to be a fairly noticeable diff between the offspring and the parents so i can understand your concern.
have u seen this thread? http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?t=51750 there are some less typical looking diamonds here.

Thats right Bredli84 their appearance is no reason to think they arnt pure diamonds, you can even get carpets with diamond python like traits at the back of the Gold Coast and they are pure carpets.

Although i disagree with you saying there is a differance between the offspring and parents. There isnt any clear differance between them look very closely at the markings and you will see they are very similar. Its just that the colouration between the markings doesnt come out until later.

This thread demonstrates why some ppl hate cross breeding so much, because alot of the time you simply cant tell if something is a cross or not by looking at it.

Well the "breeder" has admitted to me on the phone that the mother was in fact a cross Diamond and Coastal. This lays to rest any arguement and proves the point that I was trying to make. The picture of her was not made available to me until after I had purchased the snakes.

Haven't decided. Until I do decide, I wil just take care of them as if they were a Diamond.

Well the "breeder" has admitted to me on the phone that the mother was in fact a cross Diamond and Coastal. This lays to rest any arguement and proves the point that I was trying to make. The picture of her was not made available to me until after I had purchased the snakes.

well then thats really dodgy if they were sold as diamonds, i would be asking for my money back. (If you mentioned that earlier i must have overlooked it and i have made a fool of myself again, oh no :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back