Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aa HA so i was right, lol i retract my former self denouncement :p

what is an intergrade gene?
are the photos their real parents?

Last edited:
i think they mean there there are coastal carpet genes somewhere down the line, since there is no such thing as the "intergrade gene"

This thread is pathetic:rolleyes:

So what happens now?

Hybrids are crap, intergrades are crap, PMC are crap....and what now Diamonds are crap????
(for everyone that cant take sarcasm...i love all the above mentioned snakes)

For gods sake, anyone that has ever had a clutch of diamonds will know that there "patterns or roseettes" vary!......so much can and does happen between hatchie diamonds and yearlings.

I was lucky enough to yesterday get a pair of what i think are, if not the best- garenteed the top three bred diamonds in Australia (that means World).

And guess what?????? they dont have perfect rosettes...anyone that checks other sites beside APS might have seen them...(Boa... i got his details off you, and you said good luck:lol: guess what ....i got lucky...thanks mate).

Donk

Hmmmmm gee strange he has now admitted in an email that they are not pure and they have some coastal jean (I think he means gene) in them, so just goes to show how many of you are right. If there is one thing I know alot about, then that is the Diamond Python, they have been my passion for a very long time now. However if those who say it is a pure Diamond really want to keep thinking that after the truth has been told, it just shows how well you "know" your snakes. donkey, this thread is not pathetic, it point out how carefull you have to be when buying pure bred snakes!!!!! I was not the only person on this site misled by this man.

then what was this thread started for?

This thread was started to get a general consessus on people opinion of the hatchies, I DID take it up with the breeder before posting on here. I wanted to know if other people out there can spot a real Diamond or not!!!!

Adam, i am not doubting your knowledge of diamonds...and if this person has now admitted to you that they are not pure, then i hope you get your money back.

i am just trying to stress the point, that Diamond hatchies look nothing like there parents....if anyone thinks that they are goig to breed "Gosford Diamonds" and there all going to hatch with perfect rosettes and shed twice and be bright yellow then they are kidding themselves.

mmmmm i have a feeling that in the not so distent future we might have stripey Diamonds...............oh no

Donk

"i am just trying to stress the point, that Diamond hatchies look nothing like there parents....if anyone thinks that they are goig to breed "Gosford Diamonds" and there all going to hatch with perfect rosettes"

Lot have look at bonnets for example
Selective breeding will do it.

Hi Adam,
I am new to all this and my "pure bred" diamond was born on the 17th of february and like yours has shed once. it looks absolutely nothing like yours, and i did not ask for any information, other then to view the parents. They looked good, but not as good as the pics you have submitted (in regards to the yellow etc.).

No problem mate, only too happy to help, I actually got a pair myself yesterday. You were VERY lucky to get some. ;-)

I was lucky enough to yesterday get a pair of what i think are, if not the best- garenteed the top three bred diamonds in Australia (that means World).

And guess what?????? they dont have perfect rosettes...anyone that checks other sites beside APS might have seen them...(Boa... i got his details off you, and you said good luck:lol: guess what ....i got lucky...thanks mate).

Donk

That's right, it would be a new species but what would they be called ??

if you look at the adult it has stripes to begin with.
i think theres a pretty good chance they came from those to snakes

Attachments

• soihopioh.jpg
    soihopioh.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 76
They may be from those 2 snakes. If a snake has an integrade gene in it that the seller is aware of they should tell any purchaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back