Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't feed either a dog or a cat to a snake but if I did i can see that it would be harder to feed a dog because dogs are mans best friend and are much more loving and dont just love anyone like cats!

Not true, my cats have bonded with individual family members. My cat follows me around like a dog and when she wants attention she looks at me and meows or if she wants to come into my room she meows at the door and waits for me to open it, jumps up on my bed and sleeps.
Back when I was young I had a burmese that I had an extra special bond with, a much stronger connection than any dog I've bonded with, and trust me there's been some really special dogs in my life but none of them can ever compare to my burmese.

I think the main reason cats aren't seen as friendly, loving pets is because people don't give them a chance. Dogs bond so easily but cats, you have to earn a cat's trust and friendship and you're guaranteed a best friend for life.

Well I work for the RSPCA and all animals should be able to live in peace. Cats Dogs Birds reptiles. I don’t think that people should feed cats to there snakes it make me sick to my guts that people would do that sort of thing. I have 6 cats 10 snakes and 2 dogs and they all live together at my place and are all members of my family. Shame on the people that feel that this sort of behavior is ok

It's the same as feeding rats and mice to snakes. They all live, they all have beating hearts. They all make good pets.

If it was up to me my snakes would be vegetarian, but that's just not possible ;)

It does happen, but not with any regularity. As long as they are euthanised humanely, it is perfectly legal to do so.
If you killed a cat with a lethal injection...would that poison then be transferred onto the snake?

i think it all comes down to your own view if they are killed humanly i don't see a legal problem its just your view and good point made before if they where bred for snake food and came frozen how would you feel i think if they where cheaper than rats then the people that are against it would probably change their minds any way thats my though

I havent read all of the post so if this was said earlier then I'm sorry for repeating it.

I don't have a problem with the Idea I would do it if I had too, but I wouldn't just catch pet cats and feed them too my snakes. They may have had frontline or a similar product put on there skin, and they could then kill your snakes. JMO

If you killed a cat with a lethal injection...would that poison then be transferred onto the snake?
Yeah you'd have to use other methods than green dream if you wanted to use them for feeding. Problem is to EU a cat any other way would cause public outrage.

I think feeding cats to snakes is just sick, same with puppies. Theyre classed as a different animal, you cannot compare rats to cats, theres no comparison. I owned rats and they were like little people, so intelligant and i loved them, but they still dont compare to a cat. I wish they could be vegitarian but they just cant happen. If you people who agree with feeding cats and puppies to snakes is okay, then would you feed a blue tongue or a bearded dragon to your snake? Didnt think so. Just because you love herps, and dont like cats doesnt mean its right. Also lethal injection stings, burns and boils for about 3 secs before the victim dies - Not humane for a little kitten who has done the world no wrong. I see just as many dogs running around the streets are cats. My coldesack has many cats. Every day i see them just sitting outside their house. My dogs kill frogs where my cats didnt. You just cant come down on one species with a tonn of bricks, its depends on the individual and the inidividuals owner. How about Tofu rats lol?!

Bit off topic, well not really its still talking about cats getting eaten, I was at toronga zoo once and the keeper was feeding the red pandas and he said that once a cat got into the red panda enclosure and the red panda killed it and ate it :p. I thought it was funny.
Back on topic, I see nothing wrong with feeding cats and dogs to snakes as long as they were killed humanly and it causes no problems to the snake.

Calling for members

Attachments

• Clubhouse.jpg
    Clubhouse.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 68
:lol:

Haha thanks guy - this thread has just cheered me up!

I find it so funny that people turn a blind eye to feeding small animals such as rats amd mice but as soon as it comes around to the common pets they kick up a stink!

How about a adult scrub python? What can they eat? Large rat? ChickeN?

..........Is anyone against that?

If you truly have a problem feeding cats/dogs as you believe its cruel, please explain how they differentiate from rats/mice besides the different levels of intelligence.

Everyone who has a pet cat at home. Did you buy it from the RSPCA and receive not only a microchipped, vaccinated and healthy DESEXED animal or did you buy it from a friend or a common backyard breeder? If you didn't buy it from the RSPCA then how can you possible be against the feeding of humanely euthanised cats that to an extent have been sent to their death by people such as yourselves. :??

You just cant come down on one species with a tonn of bricks, its depends on the individual and the inidividuals owner.

You have to start somewhere. If every problematic species of animals were came down on, there would be too much work for people fighting for our native animals and people would just turn a blind eye again.

I think cats are awesome just for the record.

Sam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back