Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I came across this earlier and it just made me angry. Rick Perry is a Presidental Candidate for America for 2012. He is a christian from Texas. He is a homophobic/anti gay candidate, he is using Christianity as an excuses to justify his harrasment/discrimination/vilification of gays. Rick Perry wore same jacket in anti-gay ad that Heath Ledger wore in Brokeback Mountain | Mail Online

I myself am not gay, but I fully support gays in their fight for equality. Still in this day and age they are treated like second class citizens. I can't understand why people can't get over what ever problems the may have and just except people as they are.

I am also angry that in Australia which is meant to be a place of "multi-culture" our government won't grant equal rights to gays as everyone else. Everyone should be allowed to be happy, they shouldn't be punished for there sexual orientation.

I really hope that in the near future everyone can be treated fairly/equally irrellevant of their race/religion/sexual orientation.

Cheers Daniel

Last edited:
I believe we're in a period that generations are going to look back on in a state of disgust. The fact that we deny citizens of others rights they receive at birth is shameful, and I don't know how what anyone does in the bedroom is anyone else's business to be honest.

I really hope that today's gen Y (which I am a part of) can help change things for the better. I know people who are anti gay let alone gay marriage (generally aged between 35-60). I have asked them before (with No real response) if their son/daughter was to say they were gay, would they want them to be happy/support then. They would never answer, I always push the issue with these people. There reasoning is normally that marriage should be between a man & woman. I always ask why? To this day I have never had a good response other then based on their intolerant views (sometimes reasoned with religion, sometime just their stupidity)

I've been following the American politic scene and the quality of candidate being offered by the GOP is quite scary. You would have thought that after Bush a minimal requirement for president would be to have an IQ greater than ones shoe size. However..

These same people are fairly quiet on the sanctity of marriage when Hollywood celebs get married four or five times. But gee, we better not let the gay folk get married.

Last edited:
All I want to know is, where does it say (anywhere!) that marriage has to be between a man & a woman??
My dad is against gay marriage, and I asked him this question one day, and he just completely shut down - he didn't have an answer.

So, anyone that can answer me that, go ahead.
I'm all for gay marriage. Who are we to say who you can & can't marry? If a God had any problem with it, I'm sure he/she would've done something by now...

All I want to know is, where does it say (anywhere!) that marriage has to be between a man & a woman??

Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

^^ That's where Tameah. I think I should keep my comments about this to myself lest I earn myself some time in the sin bin but I saw that Rick Perry video for the first time today and I was appalled. The worst part is a good portion of Americans (the Bible Belt) agree with him.

That is unless you don't believe any God or gods created Adam, Eve or Steve...

well unfortunately money talks in america the mormons know that well with proposition 8 if you want to know more go to youtube and look up the doco "8 the mormon proposition" it got me quite angry. Makes me think all religions are just tall poppy syndrome mongers

Well each to their own i suppose :)

If only it were that simple. Unfortunately for these people it's more like "Each to their own as long as it aligns with what I believe and if not I'm going to create laws that stop you living your life the way you should be allowed to even though it has absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever".

Very clever jay, you can roll your eyes

**rollseyes again**

When decisions like this affect MY LIFE, then yes, i have every right to roll my eyes. Just like i have every right to marry the person i love!

*facepalm* Jay, look i am not going to get into an argument on a reptile forum about this because this battle has been going on way too long and it is always same arguments used by both sides so i am done with this but yeah that is my opinion and many others i am sure

You entered into the argument before i did lol

You're right, this battle has been going on way too long..... it shouldn't be a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back