Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all for it! I was with my ex (female also) for 3yrs and we had some problems with some ppl and how they felt with us but all in all most ppl treated us no different! Centerlink treated us in the same way they treat male, female realtionship's and this was over 7yrs ago. Now im with my partner (male) and we get the odd comment now and then "glad you got her to jump back over the other side of the fence!" each to there own!

Im all for it! I was with my ex (female also) for 3yrs and we had some problems with some ppl and how they felt with us but all in all most ppl treated us no different! Centerlink treated us in the same way they treat male, female realtionship's and this was over 7yrs ago. Now im with my partner (male) and we get the odd comment now and then "glad you got her to jump back over the other side of the fence!" each to there own!

Starr9, this has always been my argument for the legal recognition of long term unions/marriage between all people - gay, straight, multicultural, defacto and all the other possible loving partnerships. Equal rights for all. And as for the jumping back over the fence comment - how ignorant!!! As if it has to be one or the other. I'm glad you and others in the same situation weathered the storm - I was never that brave :oops:.

I was however lucky enough to be raised by parents who placed no weight whatsoever on a persons colour, creed, sexual preferance or social standing. An unusual thing for that era. Judge a person on their personal traits - are they good hearted, honest, hard working and individual.

Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

^^ That's where Tameah. I think I should keep my comments about this to myself lest I earn myself some time in the sin bin but I saw that Rick Perry video for the first time today and I was appalled. The worst part is a good portion of Americans (the Bible Belt) agree with him.

it says lies, doesn't say they can't co-habitate, or get married or anything else, and even though it does have that written, it's still a 2000, year old book, (and part of the OLD testament, so not relevant in the new)

and it's fine of you follow your religion and your beliefs in it, but when you start including it in our laws, then it's just not on any more.

Hi, i'm not christian however i would be careful in saying these sorts of things; I study ancient history, particularly epigraphy and papyrology, and there is actually historical evidence for some of the happenings in the bible (not that they are recorded in anyway objectively of course). Not trying to be rude, just don't want brash comments stated in ignorance starting a fight =]

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

oops! lol
there's a lot of reading about historical figures and religious that have a chilling similarity to Christianity, LONG before Christianity, to the point that much of it seems plagiarised to say the least, so no, I wouldn't go slamming the "ignorance" flag around too much, it's also WELL known that Christianity blatantly incorporated beliefs all over the place as they expanded across the globe, as a way to make it easier to persuade people to join, watered it down pretty nicely.

we already (supposedly) have separation of church and state, it's about time the law reflected this, so too should religious views in Government be stamped out.

I too have never heard a rational logical argument against gay marriage or being gay, and I've had many discussions over the years, "look the book says so!" heh

If 2 men or 2 women want to get it on..... whatever, who cares!

What gets me is when they want to raise a family? how can a same sex relationship raise a generation of children??

Sometimes I wish I was born 600 years ago.. people didn't live long enough to face these issues, and if you did try to raise an issue.. you got your head cut off!

I came across this earlier and it just made me angry. Rick Perry is a Presidental Candidate for America for 2012. He is a christian from Texas. He is a homophobic/anti gay candidate, he is using Christianity as an excuses to justify his harrasment/discrimination/vilification of gays. Rick Perry wore same jacket in anti-gay ad that Heath Ledger wore in Brokeback Mountain | Mail Online

I myself am not gay, but I fully support gays in their fight for equality. Still in this day and age they are treated like second class citizens. I can't understand why people can't get over what ever problems the may have and just except people as they are.

I am also angry that in Australia which is meant to be a place of "multi-culture" our government won't grant equal rights to gays as everyone else. Everyone should be allowed to be happy, they shouldn't be punished for there sexual orientation.

I really hope that in the near future everyone can be treated fairly/equally irrellevant of their race/religion/sexual orientation.

Cheers Daniel

The only way to respond to such abject drivel is with derision and contempt and, given the right treatment, it's pure comedy gold!

Jesus Responds to Rick Perry's "Strong" Ad from DC Pierson, Ryan Perez, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, and Alex Richanbach

how can a same sex relationship raise a generation of children??
so I take it you haven't seen the hundred odd studies from around the world, the longest being 60 something years, that all seem to find there is virtually no difference to the outcome of a child being raised in a gay relationship? no? tsk tsk.

humans are very adaptable, we're a very hardy species, go educate yourself.

I don't think these judgemental people realise how much they affect others lives by their ignorant opinions.

Here are a couple of vidoes for you to watch. The first one i have posted before, it goes for about 12 minutes but PLEASE watch till the end. For all you haters, please, after watching this, tell me how you fee.

Joel Burns tells gay teens "it gets better" http://www.joelburns.com - YouTube

What an amazing boy this is. To publicly defend a teacher, who was SUSPENDED FOR ASKING A STUDENT TO LEAVE HIS CLASS AFTER MAKING HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS!

Ellen DeGeneres Talks To Extremely Inspiring 14-Year-Old Graeme Taylor - YouTube

Another great video, very inspirational. Just goes to show that gay parents are more than capable of raising amazing, adjusted, open minded children.

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

What gets me is when they want to raise a family? how can a same sex relationship raise a generation of children??

Please watch the video i just posted :)

Easily, they can even do it better then many of the straight parents i know! There are many many straight couples out there who should never have been aloud to breed! Being a good parent comes down to those who can raise children to be themselves, those who raise their children in loving caring homes.......it has nothing to do with who you sleep with!

Same sex couples have to actively seek and work so hard for the right too raise children...

Yet straight people can just have sex with absolutely anyone...and a baby is made.

And you feel gays are the incapable ones? Yeah 'cause people who had to think incredibly hard about their desire for children and fight with the entire world about why their capable to raise children, are definitively the ones likely to neglect them!
That's completely illogical.

Having an opinion does not make me ignorant.

Thinking I'm ignorant because I'm not agreeing with you is why this argument will always keeping ticking over.

please dont get me wrong, but i really couldnt care less if someone is gay, straight, bi whatever. and i dont care who has the right to be married or not. there are so many bigger issues we should be worrried about. I also dont get why the government doesnt allow gay marriage. It seems to me that people that have fought so long for a right arent going to make any more of a joke out of marriage than it already is.

Maybe we should abolish marriage instead of choosing who gets to and who doesnt get to.

Thinking I'm ignorant because I'm not agreeing with you is why this argument will always keeping ticking over.

Kurto, please don't think I am of the opinion you are ignorant.

Did you watch the video I posted? What did you think?

Kurto, please don't think I am of the opinion you are ignorant.

Did you watch the video I posted? What did you think?

I am interested Jay, I will watch them a little later when I'm not in the office.

no, the fact people who are against it in general, can't come up with a clear, concise, logical and valid reason(s) is the why it keeps ticking over (and makes it ignorant), it's fine to have your beliefs, but when it effects other consenting adults, for silly and ridiculous reasons. (omg you'll make the whole world gay end end humanity!! and omg think of the children!!) makes me laugh and laugh and then angry.
you're quite welcome to have your own reasons and beliefs, but when it effects others with no rationality, it's not on.

If 2 men or 2 women want to get it on..... whatever, who cares!

Sometimes I wish I was born 600 years ago.. people didn't live long enough to face these issues, and if you did try to raise an issue.. you got your head cut off!

Gee, I dunno Kurto, the above bolded statement seems pretty freakin' ignorant to me.

Yup we christians are all ignorant people who only believe what we are told..

I'm not gay but have friends who are and will stand up for them and their rights. in reference to your adam & eve & steve comment earlier.. "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (by command of jesus son of god) so why are christians so "unchristian like" against gays?

and why has there been so many cases of gods representatives on earth (ordained ministers) committing child abuse and paedophilia (mostly gay acts too) and when found out the church seems to turn a blind eye and pay the victim and their family money to be quiet?

I'm not trying to be offensive to christians or disrespect their beleifs.. but I also beleive they should be more tolerant, less judgmental and more christian like to others

SQLFusion - Vatican calls for continuous prayer to rid Church of paedophilia

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

oops! lol
there's a lot of reading about historical figures and religious that have a chilling similarity to Christianity, LONG before Christianity, to the point that much of it seems plagiarised to say the least, so no, I wouldn't go slamming the "ignorance" flag around too much, it's also WELL known that Christianity blatantly incorporated beliefs all over the place as they expanded across the globe, as a way to make it easier to persuade people to join, watered it down pretty nicely.

I am well aware of these things, i study ancient history remember, this includes ancient mythology. However, i fail to see how any of this is relevant to my post...? I never claimed that christ was a historical figure or that the bible should be taken as historical fact; i merely asserted that some events in the bible do in fact have a historical basis and that claiming otherwise out of ignorance can lead to unnecessary arguements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back