Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I notice a lot of threads dedicated to different subspecies of pythons..e.g. Jungles, MD's etc.

I thought it may be prudent to start a thread pertinent to Darwins. In this thread we could post pictures of our specimens as well as advice and questions.

Pls feel free to use it to further the interest of Darwins.

Lets see your Darwin, I particularly like this form of carpet and would like to see a heap of pics ;)

I will start this one off.

Here is a picture of my little boy who is approx 11 months old, weighs 250 grams and is almost 1 metre long

I have ordered a female for him from Snakeranch in Jan 10 and intend to breed in a few years if possible.

A question to the more knowledgable ones...as you notice my Darwin is quite light in colour...Snakeranch will most likely send me around 6 photos to view for selection purposes...I am not sure what colours they will be. When choosing a female should I choose a similar colour (i.e lighter) or a darker colour (the ones with the brown instead of cream outside the bandings)..sorry, a complete newbie on this.

Ideally I would love to see a picture of some Darwin pairings..e.g. mother/father/siblings.

My current male had a female and male parents who were also both very light in colour but would love to understand and see pics of different colour pairings.

Attachments

• IMGP0131.JPG
    IMGP0131.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMGP0139.JPG
    IMGP0139.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 977
Heres a couple of some that i have,first couple a 2year female and a 3year old male.I hope Zobo sees this and puts some of his up,they are STUNNING,With any species there is variation in colour and pattern,ive seen some awesome looking Darwins,and with all the line breeding for stripes-colour-pattern etc they are only getting better,cant wait to see whats around in the future.....MARK

Attachments

• 100_3756.jpg
    100_3756.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 760
  • 101_0191.jpg
    101_0191.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 710
  • 101_0523.jpg
    101_0523.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 768
  • 101_0605.jpg
    101_0605.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 765
  • 101_0611.jpg
    101_0611.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 758
gotta love the darwins... great animals imo here some of mine taken just the other day
RP male, albino male and head shot of albino female on black velvet.

Attachments

• male1 RP darwin.jpg
    male1 RP darwin.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 836
  • male albino darwin.jpg
    male albino darwin.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,182
  • female albino head.jpg
    female albino head.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 860
old pics ill have to get some newer ones. they were sold to me as a M/F pair but it looks like they are both males. hopeing to get a few females and have a crack at gettin some hatchies. any one no any one whos sellin a few girls.
?? hopeing to get a real dark one and put with my dark boy. and a real light one to put with my light one cheers.

Attachments

• snakes 011.jpg
    snakes 011.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 630
  • snakes 012.jpg
    snakes 012.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 601
  • snakes 013.jpg
    snakes 013.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 653
  • snakes 008.jpg
    snakes 008.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 573
  • snakes 002.jpg
    snakes 002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 565
I absolutely love Darwins. They are very underrated IMO. People talk about jungles this, and jungles that, but some just don't come close when compared to a North Western in full bloom! :D

DSC_0063.jpg

Tornado-1.jpg

Lookingabout.jpg

TornadoRailing.jpg

And a hatchy :)

how-cool-is-this-hatchy-darwin-pic-lol-9614.jpg

jason that albino in the 2nd pic is bloody sick! would have to be one of the best albinos ive seen!

jason that albino in the 2nd pic is bloody sick! would have to be one of the best albinos ive seen!

thanks, to be honest that is what most would look like, the are just very difficult to get their true colours in photos... that photo shows the true colours of an albino rather well.

No-two, that is a stunner, i love the thin lining of black surrounding the pattern... very nice

some great shots everyone

Moosenoose...love the 2 standing up..what sort of display is that..is it inquisitive, threatening or what? Sorry...I am so new to this and have not taken mine outside yet...going to wait a few months to make sure he is fully settled in etc.

Also, everyone this is exactly what I was after...as we can see there is definitely a lot of different shadings to be had (and I'm sure we will see more).

So, I guess this sort of answered my original question...If possible, I should try and pick a light female to pair with the lighter male?

Good work Beatlloydy its about time there was a darwin thread there absolutely awesome looking snake's with some crackers already shown, here are my pair of 100% hets from ramsayi first up Cecil and his partner crime Beatrice. Also a quick question what is considered a normal growth rate in the first year? my female is about 11months and only 2.5ft is this normal or is she a bit small? Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 533
Moosenoose...love the 2 standing up..what sort of display is that..is it inquisitive, threatening or what? Sorry...I am so new to this and have not taken mine outside yet...going to wait a few months to make sure he is fully settled in etc.

Hi beatlloydy, they are both very placid animals. I ended up selling the smaller one as they were both males. They both seemed to have picked up on a scent or a movement and it was just a bit of luck I had a camera handy at the time. I just wish I had my DSLR handy and not the little point and shoot :lol:

heres a pair of 100% hets. Never used to be a huge fan of darwins, i'm now converted, great little snakes.

Last edited:
Some old photos of a giant rat my young darwin once gobbled down :lol: Only took him 20mins to get into his stomach. He's now 5yrs older and would breathe in a rat that big these days :lol:

MVC-011S.jpg

Lunch2.jpg

heres a pair of 100% hets. Never used to be a huge fan of darwins, i'm now converted, great little snakes.

Very interesting photos...is this look normal for Darwin hets..ie. darker to lighter bandings...sorry...know very little about hets apart from the genetics I have read..have not really studied any pics in the past.

Very interesting photos...is this look normal for Darwin hets..ie. darker to lighter bandings...sorry...know very little about hets apart from the genetics I have read..have not really studied any pics in the past.

Hets look just like a normal Darwin.

i have seen hets that look no different to a wild type darwin. These ones have lighter colours on the back half, there are probably normal darwins that have similar colours at a young age. these 2 are only 10-11 months old, who knows what they'll look like this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back