Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Would love to know more about them, they are just awesome looking snakes. Any pics and or other info regarding them would be much appreciated.

They are a gorgeous looking snake.

Would not suggest approaching one in the wild on a warm day unless you are used to them though they can move very fast and can be highly aggresive if annoyed.

They are a gorgeous looking snake.

Would not suggest approaching one in the wild on a warm day unless you are used to them though they can move very fast and can be highly aggresive if annoyed.

what book did you quote that from?

What about ones in captivity... anyone here own one or more?

i see them all the time here in central qld, super common. they are pretty fast moving, love that S shape defensive pose when you get too close. there is a girl in my town who has a couple I think, not sure if they are a breeding pair or just for fun. if i can get pics i will post them.

KaaTOm, have a look at the bottom of the page. There are links to related threads, there is one on breeding browns.

I have some and mine are fairly placid can ark up a little when disturbed on some days. Other days they are fine.

But they can move very fast i put one out the back once for some sun and it took of so fast i nearly lost it so i learnt never to do that again.

I know bugger all about them except they can be psycho hose beasts when you are trying to bag them :D, but here is a my favourite pic as requested

3074046274_d894911d3f.jpg

They are a very fast, agile, nervous species but once you have worked with them they are easy to deal with. They are very predictable. They generally tame down to be puppy dogs in captivity, but should still be treated as the volatile species they are.

They are not aggressive, no snake is and if anybody should know this, it would be someone who keeps them.

puppy dog like in captivity ,that may be ...but wild encountered and in my opinion and experience they are extremely nervous and easily provoked, especially after being hassled by stupid ignorant people or dumb dogs....

In the wild they are very nervous, but are still highly predictable and easy to handle.

Just ask Danny Brown :)

I think most elapids look nicer than pythons.

There is just so many more colors to choose from.

They are a very fast, agile, nervous species but once you have worked with them they are easy to deal with. They are very predictable. They generally tame down to be puppy dogs in captivity, but should still be treated as the volatile species they are.

They are not aggressive, no snake is and if anybody should know this, it would be someone who keeps them.

REALLY? I might believe it of a CAPTIVE snake, but NOT a WILD one. And if you think that, then PLEASE explain WHY one attacked my mate? He didn't know the snake was there, but he soon figured it out when it was coming for him.

puppy dog like in captivity ,that may be ...but wild encountered and in my opinion and experience they are extremely nervous and easily provoked, especially after being hassled by stupid ignorant people or dumb dogs....

Well RBB, I agree that they can be nervous and easily provoked, but it is not just 'stupid ignorant people', but people that don't know it's there and it feels threatened.

BECAUSE I love snakes my mate promised not to kill any more, unless they threaten him... He was apologised for killing it, but with a choice between my mate and the snake... I supported his choice.

But that is one stunning snake in the picture!!!!

G'day Wild Storm,

I'm used to having people argue that with me :)

My point is that the definition of the word "aggressive" insinuates that an Eastern Brown will go out of it's way to attack without being provoked - this will never happen. They are most definitely very defensive, and will respond to the most minor of threats vigorously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back