Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Wild Storm,

I'm used to having people argue that with me :)

My point is that the definition of the word "aggressive" insinuates that an Eastern Brown will go out of it's way to attack without being provoked - this will never happen. They are most definitely very defensive, and will respond to the most minor of threats vigorously.

It really just comes down to what you mean by aggresive, just because the snake is stupid and thinks its defending itself makes little differance.

I think most stories about snakes attacking are BS or misinterpreting behaviour. I have had a rbb come directly at me, it was just cruising around and didnt see me but to another person it would no doubt be hunting them down. I have been "charged" by a marsh snake going at full speed after i disturbed it and it was trying to get away silly thing didnt realise it was going straight towards what it was scared of.

I walked up to a massive Brown a couple of years back, it stood up near my thigh height in a defiant threat showing it wanted to kill me if I didn't back down, but I kept walking right at it not wanting to give away my rights to use the track, only when I was a meter away from the killer beast did it retreat and flipped off the walkway and went bush hiding it's head in shame never to be seen again. Maybe next time I should watch where I'm going? but who would think they would stay sunning themselves on those suspended metal walkways that vibrate like buggery when you walk on them? well I know better now!
I was on the coast walk km's from help or mobile service in the Royal, and was looking for Red throated skinks to my left as I walked, the brown, a honest 6 footer was in front on my right, I only saw it a fraction of a second before it flipped over the side, all happened so fast in reality though was so slow in my head, the kid walking behind me saw the whole thing and was "stoked" he got to see such a big snake.

Some browns are infact VERY docile, even qld browns. Its certainly more of an exception than a rule thou.
I had a brown once that you could do absolutely anything with as long as there was no sent of food around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back