Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to be civil here...You flamers get off your high horses. She posted to ask for friendly helpful advice regarding the care of the eggs. Granted it was a mistake and one I'm sure she wouldn't want to repeat again, but as kupper has pointed out, breeding between these two types of pythons do occur naturally in the wild in her area.

I find the advice you are giving her to kill off the hybrids distasteful and antagonistic. This is one if those subjects that can get very tiresome on this site. I'm sure the message has been trumpeted loud and clear now, so please give it a rest.
sorry to correct you here Slytherin, but these two types of pythons dont naturally breed in the wild in her area. summer hill is inner city sydney, i think alittle far south for the coastal carpet

Really!? So if I lived in NSW I could legally cross any of my male morelia with any of my females? Or does one need to be a Diamond?

This is what they have so far:

Morelia spilota mcdowelli x Morelia bredli Coastal/Centralian Carpet Python Hybrid T164 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota mcdowelli x Morelia cheynei Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python Hybrid T167 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia bredli Diamond/Centralian Carpet Python Hybrid T165 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia cheynei Diamond/Jungle Python Hybrid T170 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia mcdowelli Carpet/Diamond Python T171 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia mcdowelli Diamond/Coastal Carpet Python Hybrid T166 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia metcalfei Diamond/Murray/Darling Carpet Python Hybrid T185 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5

I can see this becoming the most "popular" thread :D.

Untill it inevitably gets locked of course.

Yes hybrids have their own species codes and all in NSW, not illegal, but it is frowned upon by many people.

This person was asking a decent question about when to check, not about bloody hybrids, get off your pedestal's people, either help them or don't!

Flame this! :lol:

Its not about being on a pedestal its about simple husbandary techniques.
Firstly don't keep different snakes together even if they are sub species of the same genus
Secondly don't assume sex, know the sex of your animals (not hard to get them probed) so mistakes like this don't happen.
Maybe some new person will read this thread and relise its not a good idea if they are thinking about it, regardless of what state your in.
We're not America - yet anyway.

I just prefer natives pure. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
wranga that can, will and does happen anyway from what I hear. Regardless of wether they are hybrids or not.
maybe so Jimmy, but why have a hybrid that can be identified as two different sub spieces? its bad enough when a pure spiece is miss identified.

"This is what they have so far:
Morelia spilota mcdowelli x Morelia bredli Coastal/Centralian Carpet Python Hybrid T164 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota mcdowelli x Morelia cheynei Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python Hybrid T167 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia bredli Diamond/Centralian Carpet Python Hybrid T165 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia cheynei Diamond/Jungle Python Hybrid T170 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia mcdowelli Carpet/Diamond Python T171 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia mcdowelli Diamond/Coastal Carpet Python Hybrid T166 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5
Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia metcalfei Diamond/Murray/Darling Carpet Python Hybrid T185 R1,R2,R3,R4,R5 "

Well I'll be....

Last edited:
Its not about being on a pedestal its about simple husbandary techniques.
Firstly don't keep different snakes together even if they are sub species of the same genus
Secondly don't assume sex, know the sex of your animals (not hard to get them probed) so mistakes like this don't happen. Maybe some new person will read this thread and relise its not a good idea if they are thinking about it, regardless of what state your in. We're not America - yet anyway.
I just prefer natives pure but at the end of the day its my 2 cents

I do agree totally, and what you and slytherin have posted is alot more informative/better than "flame the hyrbids, kill!!" etc... get me. I'm no expert but ***** you really have to get sick of the useless slagging on people instead of helping them. I don't support either side, but I do believe if I knew the answers I'd try and help someone out, but if you can't help them and offer decent advice...well you get the point.

To true Jimmy, and it's not 100% confirmed it's gravid. And we all know there is more to getting a female gravid then just the mating. Time will tell i guess. hopefully others in a similar situation may think twice if they have all the info about there animals.

maybe so Jimmy, but why have a hybrid that can be identified as two different sub spieces? its bad enough when a pure spiece is miss identified.

You can predict that someone will get it wrong somewhere, someday, years into the future! Most people aren't that stupid, and keep good records and wanna know what there reptiles are. Like we both stated it happens with pure breeds, people miss identifying them...How can you control it..EDUCATION! Keeping reptiles is relatively new to this country, its not like having a dog or cat, which most people know how to care for, but even some people get that wrong! Fine tell the guy or gal its not a good idea to keep them together, breed them all that but if your going to go that far you may aswell answer their question yeah?

i dont agree with cross breeding, but if they do hatch, why in hell would you kill them?

its just like saying an white australian has a kid with an asian. would you kill that baby just because it wasnt pure asian, or pure white australian.... i think not

bad example but you get the idea lol

i dont agree with cross breeding, but if they do hatch, why in hell would you kill them?

its just like saying an white australian has a kid with an asian. would you kill that baby just because it wasnt pure asian, or pure white australian.... i think not

bad example but you get the idea lol

All humans are the same sub species (Homo sapien sapien) Small changes I.E skin colour can happen over as little as
20 000 years.

You can predict that someone will get it wrong somewhere, someday, years into the future! Most people aren't that stupid, and keep good records and wanna know what there reptiles are. Like we both stated it happens with pure breeds, people miss identifying them...How can you control it..EDUCATION! Keeping reptiles is relatively new to this country, its not like having a dog or cat, which most people know how to care for, but even some people get that wrong! Fine tell the guy or gal its not a good idea to keep them together, breed them all that but if your going to go that far you may aswell answer their question yeah?
my opinion is that the questions wouldnt need answering if the proper questions were asked in the first place. ect. can i house two different sub spieces together? how do i get my snakes sexed? some people wont agree with my thoughts, but like i said its my opinion.
cheers for your opinion

No one said it was her fault. If it is not illegal, then advise her on how to finish with lots of lil snakes (pm her before this thread gets shut down). I understand how people would not know about this or live feeds, etc. I only know about live feeds because I was told by the breeder of my first snake and about breeding from APS. Yes I have since checked SA's regulations but I knew what I was looking for then. If no one spells it out, then why should you know? Oh that's right if we were responsible we would know. It can be tricky to find out even when you do want to know, and know what you are looking for.

I find it so hard to believe that any snake lover on this site would want to kill any snake regardless of it being a hybrid or not , they didnt ask to be bred this way and they are still beautiful animals.

I find it so hard to believe that any snake lover on this site would want to kill any snake regardless of it being a hybrid or not , they didnt ask to be bred this way and they are still beautiful animals.

exactly.

choosing not to incubate the eggs is not killing the snake as they are yet to formed into actual animals.
It comes down to what you believe is the right choice for the situation.
Personally i wouldn't incubate them - hence no hybrids if it was me in that situation, problem solved and 'no killed snakes' just undeveloped embyro's.

People will do what ever they like. beauty of being a free world, though i think it funny some states condoned it and other states it's illegal but that's a whole other thread there.

All humans are the same sub species (Homo sapien sapien) Small changes I.E skin colour can happen over as little as
20 000 years.

but arnt the 2 snakes in the Morelia family? isnt that the same sub species? or am i totally lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back