Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe ring, email, the epa, tell them what the go is, i had a so called m8 ask me if i would mind his snake, did not see or here from him for 8 months, herp m8's said call/email say what happened, they seemed sure i would b able to transfer it to my books, if i explained..in the end he rang out of the blue, turned up, took snake but left enclosure, 2 heat mats,hides explained he would be back to give $100 for rats and my effort, never seen him again, im in NSW though, might b different in QLD.....keep us posted i would like to know outcome... the only easy bit is getting the licence in the first place...

Ok so I called the EPA and they said if it can be proved that the snake was not wild caught and has been abandoned there is a strong possibility that I can sign a Stat Dec and keep it. I managed to get onto my mate again as well who said the bloke who left it at his Sisters place did not have a licence but his ex who bought it from the Pet Barn did. This just gets better & messier & stickier doesn't it!?!?! Anyway there is a feeding record with the enclosure that may be able to shed some light on just where snakey came from & if its all good I'll pick it up next weekend. The lady I spoke to this afternoon said although I shouldn't really have it, just releasing it like the lady of the house wants to would be worse. I'll bump this up again as more info pops up.

Thanks for all the info so far

Steve

As far as the wife goes, remember it is easier to ask forgiveness than permision

sounds pretty complicated! hope it works out well. i agree with kensai easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

My misses is the same,I bet when I get my first snake she will love it though;)

LOL amen to asking for forgiveness rather than permission!!! You should have seen the look she shot me this morning when I told her I got my licence last night!!!

They come around Steve, I even got my missus a python, then had to talk real fast to get elapids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back