Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was kept over the weekend and rehydrated...there was no sign of a retained shed on the snake and the light patches were its colour and pattern which is why we are curious as to what python it is.

another shot

Attachments

• Copy_of_100_1962.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1962.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 101
It was kept over the weekend and rehydrated...there was no sign of a retained shed on the snake and the light patches were its colour and pattern which is why we are curious as to what python it is.
...I thought it was released into the bushes?

Ecosnake will be happy you still have it - send it in to get ID'd..

Oh an Ecosnake, you could easily save the photos from this thread and send them in to a museum to get ID'd yourself mate... after all, 100s of people a year do it ;)

it was released i just could only put 5 photos on the other day that was the last photo

What is strange to me is that there is no pattern to this snake.. every other snake i can find a photo has a identifiable pattern of sorts but this guy is all over the place

it was released i just could only put 5 photos on the other day that was the last photo
But you said you took some photos and let it go... Not kept it over the weekend.. New pet mate ;)

no i never said that at all i didnt find it. someone at work did took it home for the weekend gave it water tried to feed it a pinky but he wouldnt eat so on monday he let him go.

If this snake does not have a retained shed, can someone please tell me WHY all the light coloured patches are raised to the point of a retained shed (in the photo I have zoomed, click on it), whilst the dark are not? . Or has it remarkably only rubbed the wrong way on the light patches taking care to not rub itself the wrong way on the dark patches.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Its a normal coastal.

Zulu Im thinking your getting confused with another mob.....have a look at your coastals in your enclosure....look at the coastals in the wild or look at the coastals in Pythons of the World Volume 1 by Barker....they will all have a frontal scale that is separated from the prefrontals by a row of fragmented/smaller scales. Its a coastal. Albeit, some more then others.

Attachments

• Copy_of_100_19587.jpg
    Copy_of_100_19587.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Earthling i have zoomed in on the pictures i have... the light and dark scales on it are the same raised on back edge i can only explain the automatic resizing as the reason it isnt as clear when you have saved them it has lost its pixel ratio

Not retained shed, Im sure lots of people would recognise these injuries
Looks like it has lost some skin, scales and pigment, possibly from becoming stuck in between the packs of wood or some similar damage has been done to it.
Would have been an interesting specimen to hang onto and taken to the museum otherwise..

Earthling i have zoomed in on the pictures i have... the light and dark scales on it are the same raised on back edge i can only explain the automatic resizing as the reason it isnt as clear when you have saved them it has lost its pixel ratio

Can you zoom in on the same photo I have and part of the snake and post her up so we can get a better version?

hope this helps still not very clear once i resize it

what i also find interesting is if it was a retained shed why is it two colours one a faint gold the other more bronze?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Not retained shed, Im sure lots of people would recognise these injuries
Looks like it has lost some skin, scales and pigment, possibly from becoming stuck in between the packs of wood or some similar damage has been done to it.
Would have been an interesting specimen to hang onto and taken to the museum otherwise..

hope this helps still not very clear once i resize it

Thanks for that mohanas

What do you reckon snake man? I havent seen injuries much at all so I cant comment either way...still think the same after the closeup of mohanas?

From the inspection the bloke who found it gave him a look over (he has a pet snake) he seemed to be in quite good condition injury wise the timber pack had been spaced to dry so snake had alot of room to move inbetween pieces. iv been keeping an eye out for the little guy. how far will it travel? any chance of it still being around?

I am going out on a limb here, but except for the granular scales missing between the frontal and pariatal scales i'd call it a rough scale x coastal.

Tell us you haven't hybridised bloke, but i think so.

LMAO if it was a hybrid it happened in nature or theres a shapelle corby style hybrid snake smuggling ring goiing on and they put the snake in the wrong pack of timber

re identify

I am going out on a limb here, but except for the granular scales missing between the frontal and pariatal scales i'd call it a rough scale x coastal.

Tell us you haven't hybridised bloke, but i think so.

yeh that pic 1962 shows it isnt a spilota,has a pair of parietal shields in contact with the frontal,nothing ive seen before.

Yeah i broke my rule, don't call if you dont know...

Whatever it is its interesting....theres similarities but the head scalation throws it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back