Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....they will all have a frontal scale that is separated from the prefrontals by a row of fragmented/smaller scales. Its a coastal. Albeit, some more then others.

I am going out on a limb here, but except for the granular scales missing between the frontal and pariatal scales i'd call it a rough scale x coastal.

yeh that pic 1962 shows it isnt a spilota,has a pair of parietal shields in contact with the frontal,nothing ive seen before.

:shock: In my first post I somehow mistook frontals for parietal.....:rolleyes::lol: my bad (been a while since I did a scale check). However Zulu, all coastals do have a split frontal and split prefrontals. Which adresses your original concern.

Cement, what granular scales are missing between the frontal and pariatal scales? I see several scales in a single row between those scales. See my zoomed pic....
Coastals have all sorts of scalation...look at this 'ol girls head I used to have, similiar to this little ones under discussion.

Attachments

• 2007_0228(007).jpg
    2007_0228(007).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Copy_of_100_1962.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1962.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Its alright guys ,have got in contact with Mulder and Scully ...they will get this mystery sorted out :)

:shock: In my first post I somehow mistook frontals for parietal.....:rolleyes::lol: my bad (been a while since I did a scale check). However Zulu, all coastals do have a split frontal and split prefrontals. Which adresses your original concern.

Cement, what granular scales are missing between the frontal and pariatal scales? I see several scales in a single row between those scales. See my zoomed pic....
Coastals have all sorts of scalation...look at this 'ol girls head I used to have, similiar to this little ones under discussion.
That carpet on the left is just a typical carpet,the shields on its head excluding the prefrontal region are fragmented small and irregular,the shields on the head of the one on the right are regular,the prarietals and the frontal are platelike and symetrical.

this looks like the snake on jack *** 2 that they get to attack that guys knob at the beginning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back