Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no so sorry to hear about lucky Jessice i hope you will be going back to that pet store and asking for a refund. Some pet stores should not sell animals at all. RIP Lucky.

thats rough :( sorry to hear about your snake. was hoping it pulled through. it would be good to get an autopsy done so you can find out why. i know its against forum rules but i think everyone wants to know where you got the snake so no one else has to go through this.

Not that hard to figure out which shop it is.
I think there is only 2 shops in the Geelong area that sells snakes.
Just look for the one with all the mites on the snakes.

So sorry for your loss Jessica85, I was so happy when you got to bring her home, I think we all believed everything was now fine and that she had pulled through. Maybe all the stress she has had to endure was too much and it overcame her, still I would recommend an autopsy so at least you can be sure of what was the eventual cause of death. My heart goes out to you and I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling. Please don't but another snake from any pet shop, just get one from a reputable reptile dealer or breeder.

here are the pics of her, she looks kinda strange, like all of her muscles had contracted or something??

Attachments

• snake1 002.jpg
    snake1 002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 261
  • snake1 003.jpg
    snake1 003.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 222
I'm so sorry to hear she passed away, it sounded like she was finally on the mend after everything you both went through. Get an autopsy done, that way you can front the pet shop with the findings.

yes i will definately be getting an autopsy done, so that way if it is because of the poisoning, they will know bout it big time!!

Might seem like a stupid question but had the enclosure been painted or varnished recently?

nah, i hadn't been painted or varnished recently its a laminated enclosure

Just thinking it may be fumes from something in the enclosure. was the laminate an iron on or glue on form?

i dont know, i got the enclosure brand new, and had it for around 4 weeks b4 i even had a snake in it as i had to wait for my licence to come through, so i dont think it would be fumes, coz if that was the you would think everyone would have that problem?? i have pics of the enclosure in this thread if ya wanna have a look at them??

they better pay for the vet bills AND refund u
sorry for your loss :(

also does anyone have any ideas to why her body could have been like that? its just so strange, she was so good and then all of a sudden sometime during the night she took a turn for the worst?? i just dont get it? all her temps were fine, she was drinking her water fine, i cant understand how she could have taken a turn so quickly! she was fine over night the first night, she was still doing really well yesterday and last night i checked on her at around 2am this morning and was fine then wen i woke up today i found her like u can see her in the pics??

thankyou everyone for all your help and condolences, it has been greatly appreciated, now i just have to sort things out with the pet shop and get the autopsy done, hopefully everythings works out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back