Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he went back to the breeder that designer brought them off and confirmed that the snakes originally came from you, copy of the movement advice was shown with your name on it. When you are paying over a $1000 per snake for a poly morph you check things out and get proof of what you are buying.

Cant go by a movement advise on things mate.
Someone can buy a pair of jungles from me in qld and have a movement advise.
Then he sells another pair of jungles to a bloke in Vic. and tells him i bred them and shows him the movement advise...........
But he kept my 2 and passed on someone elses pair which he bred or bought locally.
Now im not saying this happened to your mate etc !!!!!
Just putting a different view for you on things that can and do happen at times.................

Last edited:
Yeah when they are both well known breeders you tend to be a little more trusting but yes you are right some people can be quiet dodge

Cant go by a movement advise on things mate.
Someone can buy a pair of jungles from me in qld and have a movement advise.
Then he sells another pair of jungles to a bloke in Vic. and tells him i bred them and shows him the movement advise...........
But he kept my 2 and passed on someone elses pair which he bred or bought locally.
Now im not saying this happened to your mate etc !!!!!
Just putting a different view for you on things that can and do happen at times.................

I think it is stuff like this that would ruin the hobby rather than people breeding jags.

btsmorphs.
Well they are wrong. The only pair of snakes that it could possibly be is a pair that i sold to someone years ago from a line that i dont even use any more as they never turned out very good. So Im sorry but once again they dont not have hypos from my line that I breed from.

Yeah when they are both well known breeders you tend to be a little more trusting but yes you are right some people can be quiet dodge

This is the problem with the "hobby", there are really only a couple of "well known breeders" that I actually trust, many are very dodgy yet they maintain a squeaky clean image to the "hobbyists".
It was to my surprise to learn months ago what Ramsayi said earlier, about one of the early jag breeders, all I can say is good for you son, there is hope for all. Word gets around.

People r blind to think Australia is any different from Europe or the US... Seriously peeps these arguments r better done through PM's

People r blind to think Australia is any different from Europe or the US... Seriously peeps these arguments r better done through PM's

Im sorry but I STRONGLY disagree. You guys still have hope. Because of your strict laws you guys are behind the U.S and Europe.(in a good way IMO) You guys are headed in our direction, but you are not as deep as we are into reptiles.(again I'm not saying this in a bad way) The morph game for instance, we are ahead of most because of many reasons, the main being lack of genetic decertify in our blood lines. Another reason is our access to wild stock. That's just my 0.2.

kindest regards, Patrick

I know I've come into the discussion late and this has already been answered I guess, but OPs are pure Coastals. Pure Coastal reduced pattern crossed with a pure Coastal caramel. There are OP Jags out there but they aren't the original OPs that Southern Cross Reptiles produced, they were made by others.

It was to my surprise to learn months ago what Ramsayi said earlier, about one of the early jag breeders, all I can say is good for you son, there is hope for all. Word gets around.

I retract this statement, as more fact come to light.

I've heard/read that SxR caramels are from a jungleXtrue blue hypo from a Qld breeder (Simon ???) then bred into jags to get an orange pepper. My understanding of orange pepper is it is a super caramel jag. Also making me think that most orange pepper sibs should not be called coastal anything as with jag and caramel genes the pool is muddied so the tag of pure coastal orange pepper jag and pure caramel coastal are false in most cases. Credit to some pure line breeders True Blue, Rogers Reptiles, Larks, Designer serpents and others that have heritage info on their hypo/caramels that aren't tainted by jag blood or the jungleXhypo Coastals.

I know I've come into the discussion late and this has already been answered I guess, but OPs are pure Coastals. Pure Coastal reduced pattern crossed with a pure Coastal caramel. There are OP Jags out there but they aren't the original OPs that Southern Cross Reptiles produced, they were made by others.

If you have a look at the quote I posted from SXR, he says himself that it's from an RPM. RPM = Jag

Sax' I went and looked on both sites, the old one when owned by Simon and Diane and the new one thats run by Melissa and Steve, where does it say this? I remember having an extensive talk to Diane when I got my first caramel a fair while back, about how the OP was made and she said RP more than a few times, RPM was never mentioned.

Last edited:
Sax' I went and looked on both sites, the old one when owned by Simon and Diane and the new one thats run by Melissa and Steve, where does it say this? I remember having an extensive talk to Diane when I got my first caramel a fair while back, about how the Op was made and she said RP more than a few times, rpm was never mentioned

6th entry down the page

UTDG5PZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard/read that SxR caramels are from a jungleXtrue blue hypo from a Qld breeder (Simon ???) then bred into jags to get an orange pepper. My understanding of orange pepper is it is a super caramel jag. Also making me think that most orange pepper sibs should not be called coastal anything as with jag and caramel genes the pool is muddied so the tag of pure coastal orange pepper jag and pure caramel coastal are false in most cases. Credit to some pure line breeders True Blue, Rogers Reptiles, Larks, Designer serpents and others that have heritage info on their hypo/caramels that aren't tainted by jag blood or the jungleXhypo Coastals.
hypomelanism and reduced patterns are two different genes, while the jaguar gene as another completely different morph

6th entry down the page
UTDG5PZ.jpg

Its interesting to look at that site, the jungles are to kill for they look amazing ,the RPM albino carpets are not much to look at compared to their albino darwins.
The rpms in general are not as good looking as the jungles.

Last edited by a moderator:
chimerapro,- Hahaha, I wouldnt belive what you hear/read as it is a whole lot of hogwash.
Simon tried a few times to get hypos off me years ago but it never happened.
No one in nth qld have any of my hypos especially back then when these caramels were invented. It is actually impossible for them to have had any breeding adults to cross over a jungle and then rasie and breed, lol, impossible..

Last edited:
chimerapro,- Hahaha, I wouldnt belive what you hear/read as it is a whole lot of hogwash.
Simon tried a few times to get hypos off me years ago but it never happened.
No one in nth qld have any of my hypos especially back then when these caramels were invented. It is actually impossible for them to have had any breeding adults to cross over a jungle and then rasie and breed, lol, impossible..
Thanks Rob. I'm guessing you've heard that story too then lol ;)

Hahaha, actually no not that one, thats a new one,lol.
I dunno what its all about, people keep saying they have hypos from my line when clearly they do not, hell they are only snakes for godsake whats all the porkies and rubbish about. Starting to get a bit ridiculous, is all it does is make them look silly and fraudulant, if they all have my line of hypos where are they all, (pics), and why arnt they producing the same sort of hypos.?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back