Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I saw an ad rescently on Herptrader for Pygmy Stimsons pythons and i was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are a recognised sub species or if there is a particular locale that these smaller stimsons originate from?
Any info would be much appreciated, Google got me nowhere.

Ta, Sarah

They're mossman locality, just a small local, nice animals.
tn_IMG_0363.jpg

Thanks. Do you keep them? Do you know if they hold onto their patterns with age?

Thanks. Do you keep them? Do you know if they hold onto their patterns with age?

I keep them yes, I think they hold their paterns pretty well, but I wouldn't know mine are only young.

No, body shape, very short and squat looking compaired to other Antaresia of the same size. See how they pan out as they grow, they were only 8 month olds I was looking at. They were also very bitey little critters.

no-two thats a great looking one! how much do they go for?

Mine is 5 years old, approx 65cm long and no thicker than a mans thumb. Her patterning is still high contrast but she's bad tempered and head that's ugly as sin.

The adults that Ive seen (and they could even be the parents of yours No-Two but im not sure) were only around the 60cm max mark and no thicker than my thumb, much small than a regular stimsoni with a different body shape...also didnt have a very good temper at all. Very nice looking little pythons though, especially the ones with the thicker banding.

dont know about other peoples but mine are a proven line about 16 years . max out at about 170 grams and about 50-60 cm . pic of some adults . and yeh all mine are very bitey .

Attachments

• DSCF3908.jpg
    DSCF3908.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 573
My male is a dream to handle, loves his food though, Andy I think you should sell me that one in the front, very nice.

Hayden , another thing ive found with them that they change colour alot sometimes they go real blonde and have a 3 toned colour appearence could stay like that for a few weeks then they might go real drab and dark again . like a mood swing but have nothing to do with going into a shed routine . i have 10 adults all look pretty much the same .and all change colour all the time .

Their locality is definately not Mossman. You will only find Spotted Pythons there. They actually occur on the top and the Western Slopes of the Athertons

thanks for your input BOB i know you have done quite abit of herping in the field sorry you didnt find any there they where found in mossman so we better start calling them spotteds then . if you got a prob with it ill give you a number for the bloke that still has them 16 or so years old his are . call him a liar and if your right its only fair to get to the bottom of the true locality . mount carbine like others have said in the past has never been mentioned by this bloke .

pretty rude to say a blokes animals arnt what they say they are .. question it maybe ..

Those little stimsons are very common at Mt Carbine. Personally I have onle encounters Macs at Mossman but never did a huge amount of exploring there.

Andy

Did not call anyone a liar. Just stated a fact. Mossman is on the coast between Port Douglas and Cooktown. This is Blond Mac territory . Stimsons are just not known to be found on the coast with the excemtion of WA. This species likes dry habit , and is not found in rainforests like on the Qld Coast

Check the collection details again. Did the person actually collect them there, or was he living there and travelling inland where they were probably more likely collected.

I had a few herp mates that lived at Mossman, plus I myself and many other herpers both local( like Dave or Tremain) and from interstate have spent heaps of time herping here have never even heard of any
Stimsons found here. However, we have all seen them at Mt Carbine and on the Western slopes.

There was a similar claim to the Normington Stimsons. Again this is Childreni habitat on the Western Coast of Cape York and Stimsons are not found here either.

BOB,

i appreciate what you are saying but..

if a bloke has said they where found in a certain local you turn around and say they are not found in that area yes you are calling them a liar. which is fair enough if you say it to their face and prove it otherwise .which you have not . you can only say you havent found stimos there.

so what you are saying is if you or your mates havent found it. it dont exist. :?

at the end of the day i dont care ill call them the same untill the bloke i bought my originals from is proven or admits he has no clue what hes talking about .(WHICH COULD TURN OUT TO BE THE CASE:)) . and if he is ill be up for a new name change:D for anyone that does care the person that is responsible for the locality and pygmy name for this line is the current president of the port mac reptile club Michael banichk take it up with him. let us no how you go otherwise pull your heads in hes the one no doubts there thanks ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back