Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way i couldnt care less where there from,they are awesome little pythons Andy.I no Michael has been in the herping scene for quite alot of years and hes been here,there and everywhere,he certaintly wouldnt put a name,or locality on anything if he doesnt no.I have spoken to him on many occasions and he has alot of knowledge...Anyhow Andy they are stunning...

hate to break it to ya kiddo but mossman is spotted python habitat and as stated before stimmies dont come into play until you drive west of there. it might just be a mis understanding etc im not saying this person is a liar either im just saying for those snakes to be stimsoni they can not have been found in mossman thats all

Although my herping hasnt been extensive up there, I have seen animals from both locales and would agree that Mossman isnt the locale for these animals,
I would say there has been some confusion with this lineage.

I'd be agreeing with Bob on this one. Mossman is in Spotted territory. I've never bothered much with anteresia, do the scale counts vary much between normal spotteds and pygmy spotteds/stimmies?
Kris.

Andy, not here to bag you, but I think you should ring Michael yourself... I think you will find that there has been a slight mis-communication somewhere along the lines, and your mossman should actually be "caught within 50kms of Mossman" ...

Andy

Well I did my homework, and what a surprise, the origionals breeders were collected at Mt Carbine. Several were collected by a local, and two more were collected by a well known Port Mac herper who was taken out by the same local while visiting up there. These animals then went to a second indiviual and then finally ended up with Michael.

Michael Banichk was the 3rd owner of the origional breeders and never collected them. On talking to the actual person who caught half of them, they were ALL collected along the same short stretch of road near Mt Carbine. He also stated none were from Mossman as they are not found there.

Obviosly there was a comunication problen regarding there locality and if Michael thought it was Mossman , he was wrong . Still they are great little snakes

No, body shape, very short and squat looking compaired to other Antaresia of the same size. See how they pan out as they grow, they were only 8 month olds I was looking at. They were also very bitey little critters.

When you've got the word pygmy and the stimsons python you've got something pretty dam small.

Andy

Well I did my homework, and what a surprise, the origionals breeders were collected at Mt Carbine. Several were collected by a local, and two more were collected by a well known Port Mac herper who was taken out by the same local while visiting up there. These animals then went to a second indiviual and then finally ended up with Michael.

Michael Banichk was the 3rd owner of the origional breeders and never collected them. On talking to the actual person who caught half of them, they were ALL collected along the same short stretch of road near Mt Carbine. He also stated none were from Mossman as they are not found there.

Obviosly there was a comunication problen regarding there locality and if Michael thought it was Mossman , he was wrong . Still they are great little snakes

So all along these great little snakes were advertised with the wrong locale ??
Cant beat experience I say.....................
Thanks for the correct info Bob.

Wranga

Andy has posted a pic of some of these on the front page of this thread. Beautiful little snakes and give Perthensis a run for the worlds smallest python species

I new it, lol. As soon as i read hayden saying mossy locality I got straight onto him and said they whernt lol, You just dont find stimmos in mossy

I new it, lol. As soon as i read hayden saying mossy locality I got straight onto him and said they whernt lol, You just dont find stimmos in mossy

I said 'mossman' actually, I was the one telling you it was bullshit and I didn't belive it.

Bob ,

with all due respect , all you have written is a heap of words on the screen at this stage . no names no nothing to back up your claims at least i gave a name off the person who i bought my original animals off . in saying this you are not the first person as i metioned in a earlier post more successful herper such as john w said he thinks the same as you . but mate i didnt buy them off you i bought them off michael so i took his word .like you should . i also admit how could you get mossman and carbine mixed up they dont even sound the same . but like i said a phone number of the poacher that sold them to michael would be good .

Andy
I hardly think Bob is going give the poachers name here just to prove something to you, so lets keep it real.
Also why should Bob simply believe your friend when his own experience contradicts your friends.
At the end of the day you are free to believe what, or who you like but I tend to think in this case you are a tad blind. No offense intended.
Could it be the case that your friend just considers Mt Carbine as part of the Mossman area?

Regards Dave

from my understanding mossman from mount carbine is like 30kms if this is the case big deal . its more then possible a few came into mossman . i dont no the area . is this true? and if it is a further nothing has been proven otherwise anyway. and to keep things real no i didnt think Bobs claims would be backed up in this thread . and if it is like 30 kms difference no worse then port mac carpets that really came from warchope, kempsey ,coffs,telegraph point, , ect being sold as port macs which rarely are from the port mac these days . .

but at the end of the day i would like to no the true locality confirmed otherwise .as i do have heaps of ants and these ones are my favorites .

from my understanding mossman from mount carbine is like 30kms if this is the case big deal

Yep, looks to be about 25-30km as the crow flies. I can imagine (pure speculation here of course) a discussion which could lead to the localities being confused:

Person A: I have these great little stims....
Person B: Yeah? What's their locality?
Person A: Mt Carbine
Person B: Where the hell is Mt Carbine?
Person A: Just a stones throw from Mossman

In reality, it's not really a huge deal. Having said that, I do have some of these little guys myself and I'd love to have a concrete locality for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back