Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pics

Smile Jonno

And some pics at the animal park in Ipswich

And slimebo that's cool mate you believe what you will we all have our opinions and yes I do think its right to euthanise an animal if its deformity has the potential to make its life stressfull

Attachments

• Scails and tails 002.jpg
    Scails and tails 002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Scails and tails 027.jpg
    Scails and tails 027.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Scails and tails 058.jpg
    Scails and tails 058.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Scails and tails 065.jpg
    Scails and tails 065.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 90
  • Scails and tails 084.jpg
    Scails and tails 084.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 95
MASSSIVE congrats to Joy, Den and Troy. the whole day and night was excellent and they did a fantastic job with it all too.
cheers
mel

Yes agreed, the team did a fantastic job and everyone I spoke to had a wonderful time. Next year will be bigger and better.

Was bloody awesome, here are some pictures from the day
here are some pics from the day, i did get pictures of the 2 headed maccie but they came out a lil blury and i didnt like what i got from them.. so here are the others...

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

I still have one question though - how were people able to buy/sell reptile products (- when at Gladstone the EPA would not allow it.)

Hopefully it means they might be relaxing the laws, hopefully

There are absolutely no laws whatsoever that can stop anybody retailing reptile related products at these events. As much as EPA/DERM try and discourage it, unless it's the sale of live animals, there's nothing they can do. I believe the organisers of the Gladstone event declined to have products available to maintain a positive relationship with the EPA, rather than following the law.

There are absolutely no laws whatsoever that can stop anybody retailing reptile related products at these events. As much as EPA/DERM try and discourage it, unless it's the sale of live animals, there's nothing they can do. I believe the organisers of the Gladstone event declined to have products available to maintain a positive relationship with the EPA, rather than following the law.
Given that people that purchase reptile products are fairly likely to keep reptiles, why do the EPA etc try to discourage the sale at events? Is it as simple as trying to discourage people from keeping reptiles as much as possible?

Some more pics...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 138
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 144
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 136
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 136
Percy went to the expo! Love the signs PP, they look awesome!

He can't help being such a handsome boy, and you know how much I love Tubby and Chunk ;)

hahah im in that photo. look at the kid next to jonno trying to touch that snake.that little kid aint me btw . lol looks like a deadly one too i think. btw the photo is off the reptile demonstration

Some photos.

First one is of the display, full blast volume and seriously awesome snakes, I liked the olive!:)

Second one is of a gorgeous Albino Bluey at the Premier Pythons stand (I think)

Third one is of a cute lil roughie that I kept staring at

Fourth one is of a big beardie that I saw

Fifth one is of a stunning gtp, I spent nearly ten minutes gawking at it :p

as much as i would love to be able to have products purchased at the Queensland reptile expo,the fact of the matter is that it is classed as an "approved display" which,the LAW states, and i quote,"is not conducted for a commercial purpose" and " a person does an act for a commercial purpose if the person does the act for gain or reward".we have had a dozen meetings with the EPA over the last few years,it gets bought up at every meeting and until the LAW is changed,there isn't much we can do about it.
cheers
Simon

Slimebo,

this Festival happened in Qld and can therefore be considered as a precedent. I doubt the authorities would dare to prosecute if you staged similar event. How could they approve one and prosecute another? Next time you do an Expo, get some lawyers behind you and let them deal with EPA.

No worries mate. Does that extend to those who have stalls etc? I was reimbursed for conducting displays, plus I sold products as did several other stalls - it would be interesting to know whether this is contravening any laws? Maybe the different EPA staff have different opinions on the matter and therefore different regulations applied to the one off approvals for these events?

Dosent make it right though dose it?

This is the problem with humans... We seem to think that every thing must live and just keep breeding weaker and weaker animals including us humans

and who are you to say what's right or wrong? being a conjoined twin doesn't make you any less of a person that you or me so why should they be killed? they have a brain, if they funtion correctly and can live a normal healthy life then wh should they be murdered? because they are different?

as much as i would love to be able to have products purchased at the Queensland reptile expo,the fact of the matter is that it is classed as an "approved display" which,the LAW states, and i quote,"is not conducted for a commercial purpose" and " a person does an act for a commercial purpose if the person does the act for gain or reward".we have had a dozen meetings with the EPA over the last few years,it gets bought up at every meeting and until the LAW is changed,there isn't much we can do about it.
cheers
Simon

We were able to sell products and had permit to show our animals there for the day but we were not allowed to sell animals on the day. If I were you I would speak to EPA in Brisbane and go over the heads of Epa in your local area. I believe in that law they are talking about live animals.

we were allowed to pay the demonstrator and specail guests to give talks at the expo but no one was allowed to sell anything,whether it was reptile related or not.the only one who was given permission to sell anything was Joy from scales and tails and we had to talk to Brisbane EPA to bend the rules to get her permission to do sell subscriptions.

the only way around the law is for it to be classed something else other than an "Approved Display"
i have all the laws and rules infront of me on conducting an "approved display" and it clearly states in black and white that it legally can't be done.

but hopefully this does set a precident and we can ask questions at our up and coming meeting with the EPA how the Brisbane event was allowed to sell products and we were not.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back