Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize it was a competition?!
That's because it's most definitely not a competition, as I know Joy will agree.There's more than enough "room" for Gladstone, Ipswich and whoever else is interested in putting these sorts of days to do so without the need to make it competitive. Congratulations on a great looking day Joy and co. Sorry we missed it.

Good on ya Slimbo , gladstone Reptile Expo is still a good one.
I havnt seen 2 many photos that show that Ipswich was better than Gladstone, so therefore we should have more people at the Gladstone Expo next year, to see all our reptiles.
AS for rules and regulations I am sure Simon you have done your homework and are doing a great job, if you need any help, dont hesitate to let us know.

Ian

i agree PremierPythons ,
they are 2 different things, ones and expo and ones a festival.

here are a couple

crowd listening to bob
SDC12656.jpg

SDC12655.jpg

john,joy and troy
SDC12644.jpg

matt,ryan,bob and kimmers
SDC12627.jpg

mel and crystal and croc
SDC12666.jpg

ned and bob
SDC12657.jpg

That's because it's most definitely not a competition, as I know Joy will agree.There's more than enough "room" for Gladstone, Ipswich and whoever else is interested in putting these sorts of days to do so without the need to make it competitive. Congratulations on a great looking day Joy and co. Sorry we missed it.

Yep that's what I'm saying Kersten. To be saying one's better than the other is pretty counter-productive as both are clearly postive for the hobby.

Competition? OMG!!!!!!! Where do some people get their ideas from?:?:shock:

Kersten, thanks for your congratulations, and I totally agree with your comments. I'll be looking forward to catching up with you all at your Expo. I had an absolute blast last time and can't wait for next year.

Sssmithy, thanks heaps for posting those pics of our Festival. Your help over the last week or so has been greatly appreciated.

cheers
Joy

I hope everyone hasn't missed my point here. Quite clearly, I'm objecting to the notion that it's a competition between the two events. Ian was suggesting that one event may be better than the other and I was pointing out that any ideas of a 'competition' between the two is counter-productive.

definatly not a competition.i'd love it if there were 10 expos/festivals of this type in queensland.the more ,the better.the more education experienced herpers can give to newbies at these events the better it is for everyone.
the more of these events that happen may help in future softening of the strict queensland laws as well, so i'll be talking to Joy soon and try to get her legal paperwork so we can take it to our next meeting.hopefully it sets a precident.
both of the expos/festivals need support of everyone for them to keep on going.it takes alot of hoursof work and stress to get the events up and running.2 years ago people were complaining that there was no expos in queensland ,and now there is 2 ,yet people still bag them out. we all work our normal jobs while trying to organise these events,so if people keep supporting them ,they'll keep going.if not,they will stop.
negative comments on the internet does no good for these events,send a pm instead.
Joy has her rules in black and white that she went by and we had my rules in black and white that we went by,so if you didnt sit in on any of the meetings, you dont know the rules.we followed the rules we were given,now hopefully we can combine them and move forward to next years events.
great event Joy, nice work
cheers
simon

No sales were allowed at the early Castle Hill (Sydney) expos but one of the major sponsors called the department's bluff and now sales are allowed. Probably they realised that driving sales into the carpark was stupid! Likewise no advertising or sales are allowed in NSW except at society functions but clearly websites opperate in contradiction to that law. Where there is a will there is a way.
Whilst all government departments contain the odd obstructive individual to say you cant sell anything is rediculous.Are you allowed to sell tea and coffee? What constitutes commercial?

No offence to anyone but I think its disgusting to allow the 2 headed snake and turtle to live. Its just another example of human ignorance and cruelty

And to have it on display like a freakshow!! Apart from that it was an OK day

When we left we went to the animal park thingy there and that was great with a pair of stunning monitor's there and heaps of other cool animals to look at I(l'll add pics later)
would you kill your child for being diabled?

Funny how this "competition" talk has come up!!! I was at both the Gladstone Expo and the S+T Festival and I enjoyed both to a certain extent... I could not turn around and say one was better than the other.....

I would really like to see a lot more Herp related products being for sale at these events tho. I don't think the sale of animals is that good an idea but I can't see the reason why some suppliers of other goods can't sell their wares.

Funny how this "competition" talk has come up!!! I was at both the Gladstone Expo and the S+T Festival and I enjoyed both to a certain extent... I could not turn around and say one was better than the other.....

I would really like to see a lot more Herp related products being for sale at these events tho. I don't think the sale of animals is that good an idea but I can't see the reason why some suppliers of other goods can't sell their wares.

It is far better to sell animals publicly, up front than to have under the table carpark sales!

some pics

a couple of pics (that mulga is hot)

Attachments

• STfestival 002.jpg
    STfestival 002.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 35
  • STfestival 005.jpg
    STfestival 005.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 36
  • STfestival 014.jpg
    STfestival 014.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 34
  • STfestival 053.jpg
    STfestival 053.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 63
  • STfestival 087.jpg
    STfestival 087.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 52
ha ha check out that little fella ...looks as if he is thinking "I wonder if i just lean in a bit more I could grab that bag " (in the 4th pic)

Great photos kris :)
this wasnt a expo this was a thank you from Joy , Den and Troy. a thank u too all of us who have supported them and there magazine, and i think they did a bloody good job, and they are very proud of there achievments.
anyway, it was a great day and night.
p.s us BIG kids had a great time on the jumping castle. lol.
cheers
mel

a couple of pics (that mulga is hot)

Hahaha well don't i look like a proffesional... sitting down in my shirt with 2 buttons...
I promise you normally i would stand, cause theres usually a corner next to the tent that is people free... but there were people all around so had to duck to down to let everyone see... WEll thats my excuse anyways :p

Great photos kris :)
this wasnt a expo this was a thank you from Joy , Den and Troy. a thank u too all of us who have supported them and there magazine, and i think they did a bloody good job, and they are very proud of there achievments.
anyway, it was a great day and night.
p.s us BIG kids had a great time on the jumping castle. lol.
cheers
mel

Hahaha that jumping castle was awesome! You couldn't possibly tell us how much it cost to rent out could you Joy?

Hahaha well don't i look like a proffesional... sitting down in my shirt with 2 buttons...
I promise you normally i would stand, cause theres usually a corner next to the tent that is people free... but there were people all around so had to duck to down to let everyone see... WEll thats my excuse anyways :p

At least you finally got the shirt on ;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back