Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHA yep... the top button being gone really threw me....
Haha, nah you did a good job - stuck in the sun, hundreds of people watching and keeping up with the boss feeding you ven after ven. Braver man than me!!
Job well done ;)

Haha, nah you did a good job - stuck in the sun, hundreds of people watching and keeping up with the boss feeding you ven after ven. Braver man than me!!
Job well done ;)

HAHAHA cheers mate... The only time ive ever felt a lil... wo... was this show actually... that coastal would chew on anything and wen Jonno was putting him back in the back he bit the rim like 5 times... But yea i wish hede let me do more with em than just muck around with there bags

HAHAHA cheers mate... The only time ive ever felt a lil... wo... was this show actually... that coastal would chew on anything and wen Jonno was putting him back in the back he bit the rim like 5 times... But yea i wish hede let me do more with em than just muck around with there bags

yeah that Coastal def wasn't keen to go back in the bag quietly!!!:lol:

Hahaha yea... If he wanted to he could easily get out if the top was open... couple o times while i was setting up he got real high before i shook him back down

Patience Grasshopper :lol:

Hahaha that jumping castle was awesome! You couldn't possibly tell us how much it cost to rent out could you Joy?

I had heard that quite a few of the bigger 'kids' had fun on the jumping castle too. I'm glad you enjoyed it guys. :D I thought it would be fun for kids of all sizes and ages as it's designed to take up to about 600kg at any one time, adults included. I hope you all played nicely now and no pushing and shoving?

To answer how much if you wanted to rent it: To rent that particular one costs about $320 per 4 hour intervals. We had it for 8 hours. Not cheap, but then it keeps kids of all ages occupied for hours.

Cheers
Joy

NEVER once said that it was a competition...
NEVER meant for there to be any negative comments..........
NOT bagging out anything at all.......

Would definately loved to have been there......
Maybe next year.......
ANYTHING that promotes the hobby is a good thing......

It was just our opinion on the photos..etc.....as to what was on show etc.

All that was asked was a simple question in the begining - and all we wanted was a simple answer - which we get in the end.

If we were able to help more with organising /preparation any of these expos/festivals then we would - but as we are quite a distance away from any of them - we cannot.

BUT we do continually give ALL our support. and help promote them when possible.

Paula

I had heard that quite a few of the bigger 'kids' had fun on the jumping castle too. I'm glad you enjoyed it guys. :D I thought it would be fun for kids of all sizes and ages as it's designed to take up to about 600kg at any one time, adults included. I hope you all played nicely now and no pushing and shoving?

To answer how much if you wanted to rent it: To rent that particular one costs about $320 per 4 hour intervals. We had it for 8 hours. Not cheap, but then it keeps kids of all ages occupied for hours.

Cheers
Joy

It was actually the little kids that were the naughty ones :p They scared us all off at one point... but we jumped back on when they all went home :D Was a great day Joy and i'm not sure if i can wait another year for the next one!

From what I have seen of the show from in front of my LCD monitor, and the comments from the happy punters, a big congratulations goes out to the Scales & Tails team, and the dozens of thankless voulenteers that would have done their bit to help put the event together.

Lets keep this thread where it should be, about the day, and the seemingly good day had by all, rather than analysing and comparing.... its easy to throw your few cents in, over a matter of mins on a forum, though theres relatively few prepared to put the time in, to work with the authorities at hand, chipping away at the restrictions imposed, event after event, to provide shows/expos for the enjoyment of the local, and some interstate members of the herp community. I dare say that without the groundwork laid out by other similar events in the state, that this show would not have some of the proverbial "wheels greased".... back to the thread at hand, GOOD JOB!

It's a first for SEQ in a sense. People have been talking for years about setting up an expo/festival and it just gets weighed down by ego/lack of foresight.

S&T did it.

No point in comparing as you can't. Different events in different parts of the state with a similar purpose. We all want the same?

Congratulations Scales and Tales it looks and sounds like everyone had a great day, I will have to sell a few more magazines and bring the family up next year. Now pour yourselves a chardonay and relax for a few days, ps looking forward to the next issue.
Jelous I was not there.
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back