Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The smallest snake you could get is Pygmy python, (actually I am not sure this does depend on location for licensing and since I have never been interested in one I have never checked for NSW are you in NSW?). But these are more expensive than similarly small pythons in the Anteresia genus. Actually you could get a Crown snake which is smaller but thats a ven. :p
Breeding food for a snake? Plenty of info in other threads on breeding rats but not much to it really rats are breeding machines you just give em food and water and clean up the stink they leave and they breed like wildfire.
Crickets and cockroaches I have not bred myself.

Oh and while we are giving out our opinions. Snakes are overrated. :p

I'm more of a lizard person myself but i would love a snake! Yeah i'm in NSW. :) Just wondering do you have any experience with leaf tail geckos? I have one living in my garage and a baby ^_^ I haven't seen them in a while (guessing because its winter) but they are very aggresive! Are they like this in captivity? What about a Nephurus amyae or a wheeleri? How do they cope with handeling? Thanks! :)

Of course you are more a lizard person its obviously because lizards are just so great. :p
No geckos really like being handled more than when you have to (move them cage to cage etc) they all tend to get rather stressed by it. I only have experience with wild Leaf-tails and have not really found them overly aggressive but I did have one that got me bleeding once. I would hazard in captivity they would be much less aggressive but as said above handling not recommended.

well my thick tailed gecko doesn't mind been handeled actually :) she just sits on my hand haha :) never seen her show any signs of agression!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back