Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about big boned but she loves a feed

WOW there are some beautiful here

I was just kiddung anyhow, snakes arent big boned, if I keep giving leftovers to my coastal, she is going to end up like that too

My new addition:
(we have had her a little over a week now but wanted to let her settle in before I took some pics this morning.)
IMG_2226.jpg

Mine is currently in shed but when his finished I will take a photo. He is approx 7 foot...when I first got him was a little cage nippy but now just a pussy cat! His a decent sized boy!

some real stunners in this thread!
here are my new three bredli :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry, don't know why the pictures came out so big and have no idea on how to re-size them.

Last edited:
attachments not working. Try adding the pics to your folders on your account, then just add a link from there or the IMG code which will show pics

Last edited:
View attachment 2602971.85M in length ...18 Month old...Very Colourfull..Brought as hatchie from SR...so plzd how she has turned out...What ya think (Need a larger shoe box now lol) :lol:........Dam must have done sumat wrong having attachment as well

This is Monty my Bredli

When I got him he was a bit psyco?........ actually more scared and defensive really, but after a couple of months of regular handling and attention, he is starting to settle down very nicely

At first I used to get him out of his enclosure using a snake hook, I have since given this idea the flick, and just grab him by hand, occasionally he will tag me, but there's really not that much in his bites, when when I first got him, and he was really snappy, he never actually latched on, he would just strike and immediately let go, draws a tiny amount of blood, but you can hardly feel it, looks way worse than it actually is.

Now when I get him out he is a bit cranky for the first 3-5 minutes and then he really settles down and hardly bites or strikes at all, however he doesn't like passers by making any sudden movements or sharp loud noises.

Any how? he has settled in and become part of the family (To my wife's horror and disgust), my kids love him and are now confident enough to handle him too, I just have to watch out they don't kill him with kindness.

I have been keeping a log of his handling and behavior, his feeds, sheds and growth.

I have become well and truly addicted to keeping pythons and when the wife is not looking, I might just have to add another snake or 10 to my collection.

Here's a few photos, I hope you like them.

Monty when I first got him

107_2350-Copy-Copy.jpg

In his enclosure ready to shake my hand?

107_2619-Copy-Copy.jpg

Does anybody else's snake eat its lunch backwards?

107_2386-Copy-Copy.jpg

When the wife's away, Monty gets to explore the house, Shhhh don't tell!

107_2621-Copy-Copy.jpg

My daughter Rosie loves him, quite the little Herp?

107_2564-Copy-Copy.jpg

My son Zack will be 4 in September, he just loves this snake and bugs me all the time to get him out, neither of the kids have ever been bitten by him, Only I have......What's the go with that???
(Dunno why, but for some reason this photo is upright on photobucket and sideways on here, oh well it's a nice photo, even if it is sideways?)

107_2682-Copy.jpg

Close up, Montys colors are stunning, just a Classic Bredli.

107_2681.jpg

He will bury himself in the couch if you let him and could pop up anywhere?, cheeky bugger!

107_2790.jpg

Cruising around out on the lawn

107_2655-Copy-Copy.jpg

107_2657-Copy-Copy.jpg

Last one for now

107_2660.jpg

I am about to start making him a new enclosure, I have been checking out the DIY threads on here, I will post some pics when it done.

C-Ya

Montys beautiful, though I'm a little worried about the closed hands of your kids holding the snake, they know to have a loose or open hand when handling him right? I wouldn't worry about him biting you and no one else, I have animals who are like that, some snakes will choose their owners rather than you choosing and caring for them.

Montys beautiful, though I'm a little worried about the closed hands of your kids holding the snake, they know to have a loose or open hand when handling him right? I wouldn't worry about him biting you and no one else, I have animals who are like that, some snakes will choose their owners rather than you choosing and caring for them.

The kids hold him very loosely and know not to restrict his movement too much, I we all have to get used to one-another I guess, thanks for the tip!

my little man :)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back