AaE MUCK UP (AGAIN)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY!!!! Congratulations of getting your snake safe and sound....Poor lil bugger....I find that the people from AAE in Perth are a right bunch of (insert profanity)....But luckily the AAE staff here in Broome are absolutely great, i cant even get from the terminal to their office like 100 metres away and they call to say my pet is here, and then they love looking at my reptiles...LoL

Glad everything worked out for you and your knew Snake...Now to name him suitably ;-)

Regards...
Ash...

Well we spoke with the big manager dude, and he doesn't know of any store room that gets locked up for so long, and he is totally dis satisfied with the situation so he is investigating it himself, we're yet to hear from him, but he was really nice, and said sorry on the company's behalf.
We don't want to stir the pot to much as they are the only one's who transport reptiles interstate and we would hate to spoil it for others...
So we will let you all know what the outcome of it all is.
Hopefully the Brisbane staff just get a big boot up the bum!!! They have already made themselves and the company look bad with this mishap, so maybe they will pull up their socks after this incident.

someones obviously covering their backsides by saying it was locked in a storeroom where in actual fact it was probably returned by the person that took it, JMO

When freighting animals, always send them early in the week. Never try to have an animal delivered on a Friday just in case there is a stuff up. If you send mid-week and there is a mistake, you should be able to get your animal the next day.
Getting an animal sent the day before a long weekend is an even bigger gamble. Horenz bad experience shows exactly why not to do this. The animal was in storage for almost 5 days. As part of the industry, I am fairly certain that this animal was simply misplaced. I doubt that it was removed by a staff member. To anyone outside of our hobby, a snake is not a valuable item. A courier would not risk his/her job to steal a snake worth a few hundred dollars. All parcels have a consignment number and can be traced. If a parcel goes missing, it easy to determine the exact point that it left the system. If there was a dishonest person stealing parcels at the AAE depot in question, there would be far more valuable items to choose from than a mere python.
Also, there would of only been a skeleton staff working on the Thursday. Any staff that worked on the preceeding Sunday would of had the Thursday off before the long weekend. Combine that with a large increase in the volume of mail leading up to Easter and you have a recipe for disaster.
Fortunately there was a happy ending to Horenz's story. I hope it serves as a warning to other people. NEVER freight the day before a long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back