AaE MUCK UP (AGAIN)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky it was a snake and not some other animal that needs food and water every day....

if they knew they had such a room, you would think that would be the FIRST place they would check!

im glad he is safe in your hands now!

horsenz , can I ask what was written on the parcel. When sending stuff with AAE I have found that you need to label the parcel "Hold at whatever Airport " for the person to collect. and then just put a phone number
AAE have advised us of this all along and we have never had a problem sending pythons from here. IF a personal address is put on the package then private courriers sometimes pick the parcel up and attempt to deliver it to your door and then you are charged. Check what was written on the parcel from whoever you purchased your python from
Good Luck Rosemary

rosemary it did have hold for collection written on it...and the breeder sends lots and lots of snakes thru AaE..He said he's never heard of a stuff up this big.
and recharge.. your back!!!! lucky it wasn't an animal that needed food and water everyday

Fantastic to hear everything turned out ok Im very happy for you.The good thing to come out of all this is that in afew weeks i will be getting a delivary of animals and i know AAE will be on the ball after this incident, especially if you lodge a complaint.Again fantastic news i love happy endings

great news

That's great to hear horsenz. The snake has probably done a few thousand k's around Australia. Make sure you post pics. True Blue always has brilliant animals and I've heard his whole approach to things cannot be faulted.

What good news.....and how great is Rob? VERY FEW breeders would replace something that had gotten lost!!!

Good to see you got your critter Horsenz , don't let it go though ...make sure you follow through with your complaint so in future they may improve their service , and i think you need some compensation for stress , petrol and your phone bill hehehe

I'm glad your snake finally arrived! :D

I had a bad experience with AAE last month, where the driver stopped at my place, saw I wasn't home, and didn't bother to leave a note to say he'd been there, or to arrange alternative delivery! :x I had to call the depot and ask the operator to send the driver around again, which he did. Ok, I didn't order a live animal, but it was an MP3 player and I didn't like the feeling that AAE had managed to lose something that pricey.

THAT'S GREAT NEWS YOUR BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SNAKE IS HOME SAFE WITH YOU!!!
Stuff up's this big shouldn't happen (but I know they do)!!! Don't let it go by without kicking up a HUGE fuss!!! Give it to them Horsenz!!!
I was feeling for you on the weekend knowing that your easter wasn't as happy as it should've been!!!
Congrats and I bet you're enjoying every moment with him now!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i got hold of the queensland regional manger for aae this arvo,he was less than impressed with the whole thing he has told me he will be looking into the whole thing himself and will let me know the out come as he said they are trying to improve there service to reptile owners as they know they have been getting a raw deal.

Finally

Finally you are getting somewhere. Let us all know how it pans out. I think in the least you should get a written apology and a refund on your freight costs.;)

Qantas sent unaccompanied children to different city

By staff writers
April 11, 2007 08:17am

Article from:
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

QANTAS staff stopped two young children who were flying alone from boarding their original flight and sent them to a different city because of overcrowding.
The children, William, 11, and Beatrice, 8, were told they could not fly from Wellington to Sydney because the plane was too heavy, the Dominion Post reported.
An hour and a half later they were flown to Auckland, and an hour after landing there they were placed on a flight to Sydney.
Qantas staff looked after the children at Auckland airport, but a spokesman for the company said they were not aware the children were unaccompanied.
Victoria Read of Martinborough in New Zealand had lodged a complaint with the airline and would never fly with them again, she told the paper.
She said her sister made it clear to Qantas staff the two children were unaccompanied while dropping them at the airport.
A Qantas spokesman said it was not policy to offload children travelling on their own but they were unaware of the situation.
The tickets were booked online, he said, and there was no indication the children were unaccompanied.
"If we had been aware of it, we would not have offloaded them," he told the Post.
According to the Qantas website, bookings for unaccompanied minors cannot be made online.
"When you arrive at the airport, make sure all the details on the unaccompanied minor wallet... have been completed and identify your child to the check-in agent as an unaccompanied minor," the website says.
William and Beatrice were met in Sydney by their father.

Maybe they had your animal!! good to hear it turned out ok!

That's disgusting about the Qantas staff, however I place some blame on the parents too!!! I own my own travel agency and this is why I discourage people from using the internet to book their flights, holidays etc! If that family had've went to a travel agency the children's booking would have been put through as "Unaccompanied Minor's" and the relevant paperwork filled out so to ensure their safety!
Travel Agents do this on a daily basis, it's our job so what you may think is something simple may actually have certain procedures you need to follow that doing it yourself you wouldn't know!
I'm glad the children are with family again as this wouldn't have been a pleasant ordeal for them surely!!

By the way Horsenz keep us up to date on the AaE saga! We want heads to roll!!!! This treatment is unacceptable to all reptile owners!!!!

great news in the end horsenz! what a terrible time waiting you must have had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back