Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djai

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering, In your opinions what are the top 10 most notoriously aggressive or dangerous Australian snakes ( non vens included ).

cheers.

Water Pythons and Olives can be Nasty. But in my experience, You get good ones aswell!!!! You just have to handle them heaps.

Most notorious i suppose would be the Brown's, Taipan, Rough-scaled Snake, Brown Tree Snake, Hoplocephalus sp., and i guess Tigers. Obviously it depends on the individual animal though. But off the top of my head i'd say they are the most 'notorious'. Maybe throw in Water Pythons also for good measure :)

my water python "bitey" is the most ferocious snake i have ever encountered. when he was a baby he could actually launch his entire body off the floor when striking.
As for venomous, I have never met a friendly brown snake.

it all depends on the individual animal . jungles scrubbies and waters are all notoriouse for being bitey however i have handled awesome tempered ones many of times

jmo

thanks
nathan

no one has ever worked out any list 100% accurate. Even the 10 deadlist venomous snakes in the world list is wrong.

Yeah your right there is a lot of difference , all you can offer is personal opinion. No one has ever sat down with all the species to work it out.

The ones that were worked out are inaccurate as when this was done, some were done by different methods, making the list inaccurate.

IMO-Aggressive. None of them are. You have chosen the wrong word.
I walk into a pub and go up and stand in half a dozen peoples faces, see who hits me first. Who is the most aggressive?

The one that picks you back up and starts again?

i don't know...i have seen some very nice waters never would think about bitting and then iv'e seen one that was nasty looking but didn't bite the person that got it out it all depends ! you might get a nasty one and if you just leave it be it might stay like that might not never now all to their own!

It seems very clear to me that there are a lot of people out there who still do not realise that there is a huge difference in temperament between the water pythons found from theTop end of N.T and the Queensland form.

Im thinking ov getting a hatchie or juvie scrubby any1 know tha average going price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back