Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supertaipan said:
You got more chance of being bitten by a dog than a snake!

man, i must have bad luck with snakes then if thats the case; because i get bitten every second day just about - as for the question asked, i think jungles would have to be up there, nasty (but beautiful) little burks!

jess

It seems very clear to me that there are a lot of people out there who still do not realise that there is a huge difference in temperament between the water pythons found from theTop end of N.T and the Queensland form.
So which ones r friendly, is it the NT pythons?

IMO-Aggressive. None of them are. You have chosen the wrong word.
I walk into a pub and go up and stand in half a dozen peoples faces, see who hits me first. Who is the most aggressive?
If u r standing in their faces i would say u, get your shoe out of his eyesocket u meanie :lol:

For the most part, I believe a snakes overall temperment is a reflection of the keeper. That said each animal is an individual, and ofcourse some are just evil straight out of the egg and never tame in the least.

deathinfire said:
jungles, and scrubbies

are jungles that bad to be on the list of top 10?

that sux i was really looking keen on getting one as a second snake because i love there looks
now im worried :?

soulweaver said:
Yeah your right there is a lot of difference , all you can offer is personal opinion. No one has ever sat down with all the species to work it out.

The ones that were worked out are inaccurate as when this was done, some were done by different methods, making the list inaccurate.

So in your opinion, which is the top ten?

I think on the list Australia has the top ten
1 Inland Taipan (Gold medal)
2 Brown (Silver medal)
3 Coastal Taipan (Bronze medal)
unsure of the order of the other contenders!

Seen a few Snake Shows up here but its always the coastal last one out of the bag, and they always say stand back when they come out of the sack!

jess03187 said:
Supertaipan said:
You got more chance of being bitten by a dog than a snake!

man, i must have bad luck with snakes then if thats the case; because i get bitten every second day just about - as for the question asked, i think jungles would have to be up there, nasty (but beautiful) little burks!

jess

I've been keeping all sorts of herps for about four years now and have been tagged twice, one because i smelled of rat and the other because i was catching an escapee. This is including all the wild caught snakes that i have handled, and there have been a few of them too.

jeramie85 said:
are jungles that bad to be on the list of top 10?

that sux i was really looking keen on getting one as a second snake because i love there looks
now im worried :?

You'd have to weigh up whether you are going to buy a hatchling or a mature snake with an attitude. If you put the time into the snake you'll see the rewards as far as I'm concerned.

You can get bitten by literally anything anyway, so It's horses for courses. I've seen some very placid jungles as well as some very aggro jungles, but that's like anything really. At least with a jungle, unlike a fully grown scrub, you're not going to get eaten by it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back