Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met up with the seller at the wild expo and was lucky enough to view a pic of the albinos and hets, they look awesome.

no one would garuntee that though! if you purchased a pair of 66% het darwins and you didnt breed any albino would you get your money back? 100% het girls and 66% male.... sounds like if the pics cant be produced then they want you to beleive you were unlucky with the male (ie you get no albinos) but they still want you to believe that the girls are hets... hence all the offspring would be possibly 50% hets... sounds like crap to me.

on a side note... EVERYONE BS's!
Jas,
I'm talking a guarantee on 100% hets...I would definitely Guarantee that.......anything else like 66% possible...you cant guarantee that, that's commonsense, correct and agreed?
AND THE Price should also reflect that assumption/projection?
The seller in question has purchased some "hets" from the same seller/mate that Larks has talked with, although Larks is confusing him with the breeder who sold the original animal to this seller!
I know that these animals exist and the authenticity and credibility of this well respected breeder!
Personally, if someone was to hand over to me $3K+, I would offer a guarantee for the "advertised" animals....but that's me and I would want to make my purchaser feel secure with what they have just purchased, as I would want that security for me as well!!
Many people stretch the truth in life, BUT NOT everyone straight out BS's, that's not a fair call......maybe its just the people you may associate with, lol!
I've associated with people like that in Business and in the Herp Hobby and will not again!

Last edited:
I'm not confused at all mate, it was the person who is selling these animals that showed me the pic's. :)

I'm not confused at all mate, it was the person who is selling these animals that showed me the pic's. :)
That was not meant to be condescending at all Larks!! Its confusing when everyone uses alias's on different sites...but stranger things have happened and we cant argue about what others do....
From what I know and have been told, you did meet the one/mate who has and bred the original animals, BUT the guy whom I also know, who is selling the animals IN QUESTION ATM on the said site, has purchased some hets from the guy you met my mate...LOL

Last edited:
That was not meant to be condescending at all Larks!! Its confusing when everyone uses alias's on different sites...but stranger things have happened and we cant argue about what others do....
From what I know and have been told, you did meet the one/mate who has and bred the original animals, BUT the guy whom I also know, who is selling the animals IN QUESTION ATM on the said site, has purchased some hets from the guy you met my mate...LOL

I didn't think it was condescending at all Scott, just wanted to point out that it was the seller that showed me the pic's.

i reakon albino macci x stimsoni will be next thing out, once they have finished with the macci x childreni there doing atm, seriously who could tell the difference? you wouldnt know what they are... good luck to whoever got them...

I didn't think it was condescending at all Scott, just wanted to point out that it was the seller that showed me the pic's.

I think most peoples scepticism comes from the reluctance of the seller to produce pics to the general public. The one pic I saw which was sent via text to a prospective buyer was a clutch of just hatched eggs with one unidetifiable white head poking out out of an egg. The photo actually looked like it had been taken with a camera of a computer screen

Jas,
I'm talking a guarantee on 100% hets...I would definitely Guarantee that.......anything else like 66% possible...you cant guarantee that, that's commonsense, correct and agreed?
AND THE Price should also reflect that assumption/projection?
The seller in question has purchased some "hets" from the same seller/mate that Larks has talked with, although Larks is confusing him with the breeder who sold the original animal to this seller!
I know that these animals exist and the authenticity and credibility of this well respected breeder!
Personally, if someone was to hand over to me $3K+, I would offer a guarantee for the "advertised" animals....but that's me and I would want to make my purchaser feel secure with what they have just purchased, as I would want that security for me as well!!
Many people stretch the truth in life, BUT NOT everyone straight out BS's, that's not a fair call......maybe its just the people you may associate with, lol!
I've associated with people like that in Business and in the Herp Hobby and will not again!

How would you garantee 100% hets if they are to be mated with other Hets? Isn't it all about probability and so matings my not produce Albino offspring? Are you prepared to garantee that there would be Albino offspring? What form would the guarantee take? Would there be compensation if no Albinos were produced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would wokka or fusion care to do the sums on the probability of a het x het pairing producing zero albinos based on an average clutch size?

I'm not sure what numbers you're after, but even with two 100% animals, only 25% will end up albino.

5 in a clutch is 23% chance of getting all normal looking animals (and no way of telling what genes they carry til they've been bred out)
10 is only a 5% chance

If you start dealing with animals that are 50% het (One normal parent and one 100% het) and you breed two of them...

25% of the time will be animals with no genes. This give no albinos, and no hets.
50% of the time one animal with have the gene. This give no albinos, half of the offspring will be 100% het. These are what I believe are 50% het.
25% of the time both will have a gene. This gives the numbers above.

You multiply these weights together.
25% of the time is 0 so = 0%
50% of the time you get all 50% hets. This is still 0% albino snakes
25% of the time, you get a normal 100%x100% pairing. This would normally give 25% albinos, but because this only occurs 25% of the time, you will get albinos 6.25% of the time with two 50% animals.

5 offspring snakes = 72.4% of the time no albinos
10 = 52.4% chance of not hitting.
15 is a 38% chance of all normal looking.

I think your confused mrbaggins unless i misread your post. 50% het means you have a 50% chance that the animal your purchasing carrys the desired gene. You can not get an animal thats half het its either het or its not.

Eg
het to het= 25% homozygous (Showing the trait) and as you can not visibly identify the hets from normals from the remaining animals you have a 66% chance of purchasing an animal thats hetrozygous (het). 66% hets

Het to normal= 50% het and 50%normal as you can't tell them apart visualy you have a 50% chance of purchasing a het. 50% hets

Homozygous ( in this case albino ) to het= 50% albino remaining hatchlings are all 100% het

I realise that 50% het means 50% chance of being 100% het. The numbers (I'm pretty sure) are right, as you're still just working with probabilities.

Scratch that... I just realised I was ninja'd by a new page. S'all good.

there's an ad on herptrader.. children x spotteds... leftovers from the 'albino childrens project' maybe... lol..

My apologies to Larks's as I read his post incorrectly...Larks met the "seller" at the expo NOT the breeder....I stand corrected, again my apologies..I had a few Ales that night after work...lol :oops:

About a Guarantee, If I was to sell 100% hets from a Albino/normal pairing, I would guarantee an Albino offspring as Ramsayi has mentioned and we all know, that there is a probability of 25% chance of an Albino from a normal sized clutch!
I AM NOT ASKING EVERYONE TO DO THAT, this is my idea and merely what I will be doing in the future for expensive animals....I would stick by that guarantee! I have also thought of that off chance that an albino was not produced and i would compensate accordingly....That's not a bad thing is it????....being honest and looking after your customer/purchaser?

Would wokka or fusion care to do the sums on the probability of a het x het pairing producing zero albinos based on an average clutch size?
i dont know about calculating the probability but i have had 10% Albino from both olove and carpet Het to Albino matings. My experiece over 40 clutches of albino genetics has followed Mendilian forecasts but not in individual clutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back