Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorien

Reaction score
Hello, I have a person wanting to sell me an Albino diamond python for $750. I have had a look around on the net for prices etc, but haven't really found anything relevant. I am talking to him more about it on Tuesday, I am hoping that it is registered!!!

Also any info on problems due to genetics would be greatly appreciated.

considering that albino darwins are in the thousands and ive never even heard of an albino diamond its either a total load of bull or the person selling doesnt realise they are sitting on a gold mine.... if its legit buy it .... . and post pics... else there will be no shoratgae of people wanting to buy it if its legit ..

To the best of my knowledge (which isn't much) there are no albino Diamonds in Australia.If somebody had an albino diamond it would be worth 10's of thousands of dollars!! & probably wouldn't be for sale

This person is wasting your time.

Cheers

I heard a while back a cat killed an albino diamond... Not sure how true it was

Hmmm... $750....... Albino Diamond.... I would be just a little cautious over this one!!!!! To me and this is IMO ONLY but it seems a bit of a dodgy sale! Just be careful and make sure you are well informed of the whole situation ok!!!

Yea , that sounds highly unlikely .

He tells me it is albino with the diamonds markings. I will get pics and post. Yeah I know the price is very cheap. He has taken home a few smaller pythons that he finds on the highway to release on his farm. So I'm guessing that it is another wild one he has found, and has an inkling that it is worth a bit of money, but perhaps not the full extent. Really Really hoping it is registered, i will not be selling it If it is.

I wouldnt be getting your hopes up on this Lorien.... doesn't sound too good mate!!

Agreed, but it would be a lovely addition :). Will keep yas posted on it when I have talked to him more about it.

If he's taking wild snakes off the highway (which is good), but releasing them on his farm, then he doesn't sound particularly professional.

Where did you meet him, and is he asking to be paid in a particular manner? I only ask because I had someone PM me on a different site and say that they had a spotted with strange colours on it - like it was almost green with blue-ish markings - that he wanted to sell me. I was intrigued, and tried to find out more about it, so he sent me a picture, and after a bunch of PMs later, he said that he wanted me to post him cash to pay for it. Anyway, I discovered later that he had photoshopped an existing picture of a spotted and actually had no kind of reptile in his possession.

Good lesson I suppose.

i have heard from multiple sources that there have been albino diamonds seen and bred, i have only heard it and not seen any proof, but it is possible, considering the sources dont know each other.

I thought every species had the potential for mutation, such as with albinoism. If that's a word...

i have heard from multiple sources that there have been albino diamonds seen and bred, i have only heard it and not seen any proof, but it is possible, considering the sources dont know each other.

Dido. I have heard about 4 different story's so far.

Kane

Cheap albino diamond?
Caught by someone who collects snakes to release on his property?
Gold coast area?

Sure its not a carp becasue it has a distinct fishy smell about it :)

Speaking of stories, and to railroad this thread right off topic, i wanna see some photos of the Albino Womas
Albino Macs, Jet black Darwins.... something a little more realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back