Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So D3, I'm not down with genetics (forgot how to do punnet squares, lol), but do you have a 25% chance of producing albino jungleXdarwins? Then it will be a gamble if the albino's (if you got any) would have jungle patterns, or darwin patterns?

They are all nice snakes BTW. The jungle x darwin looks like one of the nicest jungles you can get :D

First and second snakes are stunners D3, the last one, not so much...

If I put 2 hets of any kind a quarter of the clutch will be albinos. So if both hets are 50% jungle X darwin then I should get a few 50% jungle albinos with higher yellows, maybe even fluro yellows (instead of oranges).
Many darwin to jungle pairings don't work to well but this one seemed to have produced some awesome hets.

First and second snakes are stunners D3, the last one, not so much...

I like it cause it's "special" ;)

Actually I don't have that Jag any more. I traded him for a pair of Spotted pythons. He started showing neuro issues and I didn't want to deal with that so I traded him. Also a Jag is not a hybrid if you know anything about snakes. The first Jag was produced in 1994 and it came from a pair of seemingly normal coastals. In 1998, the Jag was proven out. Just a little bit of info for you their buddy.
There are a few members on this forum or at least one who believe that Jags only started showing Neuro issues around the time that Irian Jaya Carpets were added into the mix.

d3 absolute stunners out of curiosity what do you have these down as on your log book. my only concern is in the next 5 to 10 years who's to say the MD, Coastal or Jungle you buy is pure? i think in the next few years we are going to see some beautiful snakes but forgive me for being an elitist but why not keep the lines pure and develop them the old fashion way yes it takes a long time but i think that means you can justify a reasonable price that way. not having a stab at you or anyone so don't take any offence. just like things done the old fashioned way.

Inbreeding is inherrant in any animal hobby where they want to create new 'strains' and I think it severly weakens the gene pool making for delicate animals that are often born deformed and need extra special treatment just to survive. I know it is harmless to some degree but I think there is a definate level where you end up with no good strong, healthy genetics left from the original strains beacuse the original strains just aren't desired anymore.

Pure blood albinos are far more bueatiful than any jag corn or ball though if bred as a hybrid and then sold as one should be ok

d3 absolute stunners out of curiosity what do you have these down as on your log book. my only concern is in the next 5 to 10 years who's to say the MD, Coastal or Jungle you buy is pure? i think in the next few years we are going to see some beautiful snakes but forgive me for being an elitist but why not keep the lines pure and develop them the old fashion way yes it takes a long time but i think that means you can justify a reasonable price that way. not having a stab at you or anyone so don't take any offence. just like things done the old fashioned way.

I'm not sure as it isn't 5 to 10 years yet lol.
tho it's up to the keepers and the breeders to keep track and make sure that what they have is what it is... if things get muddled then thats just a result of bad book keeping (or dodgy-ness)

For the book thing, I write them down as what they are.... Morelia Spilota. IE. Carpet Python

I enjoy the fact that you associated elitists with pure animals lol. I think it's just a matter of preference of what people breed and keep.
I enjoy both but lean more towards the designer/morph side of the hobby (pretty animals).

Price isn't an issue for me, I do it cause it's a hobby.

No offence taken or given.

As said, i feel that the most harm to be done by the inevitable flood of hybridisation is the animals not being being sold as what they truly are and therefore risking the unknown dilution of full-blood animals. I for one will enjoy seeing what is being/will be created but ultimately i love my little aussie rippers just the way they are. Can't imagine a sweet boofy Bredli face after it's been muddled up with another carpet species. We already love them for what they are so we ought to take steps to ensure the continuity of each and every species as pure animals as a priority, then have what fun is to be had once those lines are secure.

wow D3 im really keen to see what these babies would look like. My dad breeds birds and we have 30 avaries so this is why i created this post because im really into genetics and morphs. The jungle darwin cross would look nice because at the moment it looks like a jungle to the patterns should be orange or yellow due to the black and the yellow would be white or like you said before a flouro yellow, that would look very nice! I think that maybe some pet shops would keep pure bred snakes. i definatley know that scales and tailes in adelaide would keep them because he seems to be against almost everything haha! Its been a very good post and hearing everyones oppinions is good. Im very supprised that people havnt gone absolutely ape ****. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back