Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the man with the Jag.

Actually I don't have that Jag any more. I traded him for a pair of Spotted pythons. He started showing neuro issues and I didn't want to deal with that so I traded him. Also a Jag is not a hybrid if you know anything about snakes. The first Jag was produced in 1994 and it came from a pair of seemingly normal coastals. In 1998, the Jag was proven out. Just a little bit of info for you their buddy.

I wouldn't mind just a few reputable breeders with small lines of cross bred pythons, but I feel it would be impossible to keep it like that..i don't want our pythons to have similar issues to pedigree dogs :( so hopefully we make do with what we have instead of trying to make something different.

I agree with you on that Morelia4life. Although I do like the head shape of Ball Pythons.

I personally find the beauty in all snakes and dont think that snake is a piece of dirt, I think the breeder is a piece of dirt.

That is what I meant to say. This thread just has me all pis$#4 off because of how I feel about hybrids. Once again Hybrids not crosses or intergrades but HYBRIDS for those that are a little slow out there.

I'd be ok with people breeding two snakes together to make a hybrid for private observation but not to start a line and sell them commercially.

Actually I don't have that Jag any more. I traded him for a pair of Spotted pythons. He started showing neuro issues and I didn't want to deal with that so I traded him. Also a Jag is not a hybrid if you know anything about snakes. The first Jag was produced in 1994 and it came from a pair of seemingly normal coastals. In 1998, the Jag was proven out. Just a little bit of info for you their buddy.
I know, but the majority of Jags nowadays (or almost all the ones I've seen) are mixes of subspecies of carpets, which you seem to be against.

Here is another one. A woma is a very beautiful snake and too me, these are no longer beautiful. kingsnake.com Classifieds: CB2008 WALL Hybrids - Beautiful and Unique!

I know, but the majority of Jags nowadays (or almost all the ones I've seen) are mixes of subspecies of carpets, which you seem to be against.

I am not against intergrading. I am not against a coastal mating with a diamond or a jungle mating with a coastal or whatever. If it can happen in the wild then it is fine. I am against a Coastal mating with a ball python. I am against a snake from Africa mating with a snake from Australia. Do you see what I am saying?

Here is another one. A woma is a very beautiful snake and too me, these are no longer beautiful. kingsnake.com Classifieds: CB2008 WALL Hybrids - Beautiful and Unique!

I am not against intergrading. I am not against a coastal mating with a diamond or a jungle mating with a coastal or whatever. If it can happen in the wild then it is fine. I am against a Coastal mating with a ball python. I am against a snake from Africa mating with a snake from Australia. Do you see what I am saying?
Oh I get what you're saying now.
By the way, I think Wall Pythons look pretty nice, but I don't really like making them breed...

A Coastal mating with a Diamond is not an intergrade. Nor are any of the other pairings you mention.

Then what would it be? I thought an intergrade was when two different subspecies overlapped in nature and mated with each other? Aren't Diamonds subspecies of carpets or carpets subspecies of diamonds?

The term intergrade refers to the gradual overlapping of the species. There are not two distinct populations of Diamonds and Coastals getting funky on a Saturday night producing intergrades.

People tend to pair the two in captivity and call them an intergrade, which in my opinion is wrong.

Yes, none of those look like what I'd consider to be an intergrade. However, I do accept that the terminology between our countries will vary.

216075_1827887451866_1080709962_2020842_5008027_n.jpg

^ Het for albino. I have a pair. 50% Jungle X darwin

207273_1811530442951_1080709962_1994228_7315387_n.jpg

^ Het for albino. I have a pair. 50% MD X darwin

270234_2011813009890_1080709962_2236514_3277993_n.jpg

^ Poss het for albino (with jag and hypo in the mix). One male. Pure Hybrid ;)

I think a pure animal will always have value in every collection... But my I like my mongrels.
I wanted to show some variation with the hets... an MD X albino will be a reduced yellow. A higher % will/should turn out as snows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back