Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty007

Reaction score
I thought i would start a thread for all the hunters on the site. It doesnt matter what you hunt or how you hunt but can you post pics and stories here. I hunt with dogs and have been hunting pigs with them seriously for 20 years. I have never lost a dog or lost a dog to a pig in that time and useally hunt about twice a week.I have shot rabbits and foxes ,gaots and fowl aswell. This is not a post to argue over the ethics and ways of hunting. Hunting in its many forms is here to stay and no one should be ashamed of their passion. Remember , some people frown on animals in captivity too. Cheers all Matty;)

DSC02520-1.jpg

100_0036.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

Bull002.jpg

yer thats great were pig hunters too but this is not a pig hunters site. show me your reptiles or any knowledge that you have of them.:D

This is chit chat , if you want to talk repies then go to the right section.

:shock:wow, u got some good ones there,:rolleyes: congrats.
Just a quick Q, how do u feel once you've shot one? is it satisfactory???;) thanks for keeping the pest rate down:)

here's some of my dad's. they where killed by bow and arrow,
out west of nsw, just tracked down and hunt, no small or female's where killed,

the pig tusks where 2nd in aus/nz back in the late 70's, so im guessing they would have been beating many times since,
he said it stood out as it stood well over 1 meter at back height,
he is proud of these, he did have heaps more but sold them, he was going to sell these, but i claimed them,

cheers ray,
p.s does anyone know where records of sizes would be, just curiuos

Attachments

• dads pigtusks.jpg
    dads pigtusks.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 319
  • dads goat horns.jpg
    dads goat horns.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 238
  • dads.jpg
    dads.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
do any of you guys come across many herps whilst hunting??? every now and then i go on a herp hunt...to see what i can shoot..................with my camera. i have seen some pretty upsetting things though.. plenty dead on side of the road.. makes me wonder if people do it on purpose...

back in the 70's/80's my dad and his mates would get paid good money to hunt, shoot and do whatever they wanted with the dead animals,

as these animals where a pest to everyone and the natrual habitat,
so it was doing everyone a favour and to get paid for it was a bonus,

cheers ray

I hunt all around the Cape. Ive got spots 6 mins from home and 10 hours away. Someone asked how i feel when you shoot them . Well i dont shoot them . My dogs find them and then we stick them. Gory i know but very efficient.
Boar003.jpg

pigs078.jpg

I am an avid hunter of fish with rod, thats as gruesome as my bloodsport gets.
Not much to brag about I know, especially when I am a huge fan of catch & release lol

bronsoneggbeater i just go out the back. life is a boar when its in your back yard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back