Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not into hunting personally but I am enjoying looking at all your pics and reading the posts. Can anyone tell me, how widespread our feral pigs? Do they occur in S.A and W.A? Also I saw some pretty neat dogs. What kinds are used for hunting? Cheers in advance and keep up the good work. Less ferals = more natives and less damage.

you can find all the latest tusk sizes and scores in the latest issue of Bacon Busters Matt;)

I hunt stingrays with a speargun.. its good fun :)

Once i speared a huge ray and draged it up on the beach near some young kids, they ran away screaming, it was so funny XD

I use all mixed breeds. I hunt the rainforest alot so gotta keep em smallish. Will put some pics up of muts if others do. C' MON !!! :lol:

I am an avid hunter of fish with rod, thats as gruesome as my bloodsport gets.
Not much to brag about I know, especially when I am a huge fan of catch & release lol

I will agree with your there. Even when I 'dispatch' the odd one to eat, I still feel like a savage. :lol:

thanks matt, i'll check it out

i think the spread of ferals is more wide spread then we think,
my dad used to go to vic, sa and most of nsw, so im guessing it would be everywhere,

cheers ray

so how bout you bronson egg beater where do you go piggin

I grabbed hold of a tiger snake by mistake one night tryin to climb out of a creek we got pig in lucky had a mouse in its mouth at the time.

Matty007!! Is that a Border Collie in your last photo? I thought pigdogs had to be solidly built and a fair size. Someone asked me once if my Aragorn is a "pigger". Wasn't sure what he meant at 1st!! Border Collies are so ... I dont know... they are great dogs but piggers?

Sorry guys im gettin behind hereLOL tryin to get pics to work, think this computer needs a swim

jagdterriers are used for pig hunting nd they are a very small dog with alot of power

I HATE pigs, keep doing what you are doing Matty, you are doing our native flora and fauna a huge favour. Feral pigs are responsible for untold damage in this country.

He is mostly Border and also my best finder. They have plenty of stamina , great noses and bail good size boars no worries. He also has a bit of catlle in him. Top dog , love him heaps. Matty

I have a dane wolfhound and a arab bully and a heap of pups to the two

Good breeds Brigsy . Heres my Border with a little boar he bailed.

DSC02308-2.jpg

my little bully x got 5 out of the 8 we got on his own, he is a champ

A Dane X Wolfhound. Any pics of him and also the arab bully. Have seen them advertised & always wondered what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back